impossible to install OMV from debian

• @savellm : how can i do that ?
    what i need to put ?

@macom : you don't see error ? ( perhaps there are not, if you don't see it )

I mean just unplug all your other hard drives other than the one you are going to install OMV onto.
    So all you will have connected to your server is your boot drive (HDD or SSD or USB (not recommended)) and the installer.

Try that without any other drives attached, try to do the installation then.

• @macom : you don't see error ? ( perhaps there are not, if you don't see it )

Is everything working now?
    For the weakref error:
    wget -O /usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py https://raw.githubusercontent.com/python/cpython/9cd7e17640a49635d1c1f8c2989578a8fc2c1de6/Lib/weakref.py
    or just ignore it.

The proposal from @savellm is probably referring to the picture in post #5. But it seems you got past this error by installing Debian first and then OMV.

• i had do this several times.. and had a error at every times..

Maybe this is why you are having the error now.

i had kil 3 usb key...
    i don't understand

Maybe you are using bad usb keys if you are killing them that quick.

I must read, but can i recreate the pool with another OS ?

Do you mean other than Linux or another distro? And why do you think another OS will fix the "problem"?

omv 5.5.12 usul | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.4.2
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It's not that you're not running OMV correctly... it looks your USB is failing (either the one you are installing from, or the one you are installing to).

What errors are you getting during the install process?

• I know the steps, done it more times than I care to think, you said you were getting an error during the installation, I assumed this meant an error during the Debian installation.

• sorry, i speak about my steps ( and error during my i nstallation )
    I don(t had problem during debian installation, but when i try to install OMV

when i install it :

i need to write that :

Code
    install postfix openmediavault-keyring openmediavault

and

Code
    apt-get --yes --auto-remove --show-upgraded --allow-downgrades --allow-change-held-packages --no-install-recommends --option Dpkg::Options::="--force-confdef" --option DPkg::Options::="--force-confold" install postfix openmediavault-keyring openmediavault

after that : when i try to save the new changingin OMV, it's not validate...

i do the installation of ZFS plugin ( it's seesms to work ) until i reboot ...

• if you have a fresh installation of Debian 9, do the following steps:

nano add_repo.sh

copy and paste the following:

ctrl + x to save it then ./add_repo.sh

then

nano install_omv.sh

ctrl + x to save it then ./install_omv.sh

With this you can make sure everything runs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!