Cannot finnish fresh installation (last steps)

• Hello im trying to install OMV (openmediavault_4.1.22-amd64.iso) on this hardware via a USB and installing onto a USB3 flash drive.
    PSU: Chieftec BPS-650C 650W MB: MSI Z77A-G45 Thunderbolt,
    Socket-1155CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 Processor @ 3.4GHz, 4C/8T
    RAM: Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 2*16GB @1600MHz (total: 32GB)
    SATA:6x sata+ 2* StarTech 2 Port SATA 6 Gbps PCI Express SATA Controller
    NIC: Intel Dual Server Gigabit Ethernet Controller + Realtek onboard

Error message:
    https://imgur.com/a/4TOqjYk

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you're seeing an error related to "partitioning the device failed", where a "reboot" is recommended, follow the dialog and reboot. The second time through, the install should complete.

If you choose to go forward with "ignore", on the first time through, it will most likely fail.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Have you tried installing the OMV3 iso? The reason I mention it is that there are others who, for reasons suspected to be related to their hardware, have had to "back into" an installation. Once OMV3 is installed, and rebooted at least once, you can do omv-release-upgrade on the command line. The upgrade process should bring you up to OMV4.

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV3's repo's may still be healthy but OMV2 would have to be way out of date.

There's a few things to try/check, just to be thorough.

- Check the MD5 of your ISO download
    - Verify that your thumbdrives (minimum 8 GB, preferably USB3) are healthy, by testing them with h2testw1.4, before using them. (Test them even if they're new.)
    - If possible burn and use a CD or DVD as a software installation source, for installing the OS onto the thumbdrive. (This can prevent a few issues.)

If the above fails, I'll run through the scripted install to see if it still works as advertised.

In the mean time, another method that may work for you is to install OMV to a thumbdrive, using another 64 bit workstation, and transfer the built thumbdrive to your server. (I used this method before.)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!