I'm working on this since quite some time, reading tons of blog posts and forums and still can't get this work, so you are my last hope.
I'm trying to rsync a folder from OMV to a remote Synology DiskStation.
- OMV and DiskStation both have ssh enabled and rsync enabled
- I can ssh from OMV to DiskStation with user "rsync" using public key
- OMV can rsync from local drive to another local drive
- Diskstation is accessible via DDNS service from remote
Still, whenever I try to set up the rsync job from OMV to the remote DiskStation I get a "permission denied". I'm not sure if I got the right syntax in OMV rsync GUI to specify the remote Diskstation as a target server. Let's assume I try to push some files from OMV into the folder /PhotoBackup on the remote DiskStation
- Is it correct to do it like this: firstname.lastname@example.org:/volume1/PhotoBackup?
- Which permissions does the /PhotoBackup folder on the Diskstation need? I assigned write/read via DSM for the user rsync, the user rsync is in groups users and administrators
- Any other hints on how to debug this or I can find out if it is a problem with ssh, the omv user, the DiskStation user, the public keys, the folder permissions or rsync syntax?