OMV 5.0 - finally out! :-)

• Hi, I have the same issue like John before:

It may come from replacing the openmadiavault config with the maintainer version when I got the prompt for it.

Is there anything I can do except reinstallation?

And if only a reinstallation will help, what files do I need backup for my raid created with mediavault 2/3? All other configs I can reapply.

Code
    apt-get install -f

didn't fix the problem.

I also tried to configure with a `openmediavault.dpkg-old` I found in `etc/default` but this didn't worked either.

Thanks in advance.

• what is the output of: omv-salt stage run all

omv 5.6.5 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.1
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• This should fix it.

sudo sed -i "s/<mtu><\/mtu>/<mtu>0<\/mtu>/" /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

Then run omv-salt stage run all again

• This should fix it.

sudo sed -i "s/<mtu><\/mtu>/<mtu>0<\/mtu>/" /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

Then run omv-salt stage run all again

Still the same error.

Code
    liednas.lied:
    Data failed to compile:
    ----------
    Rendering SLS 'base:omv.deploy.collectd.plugins.interface' failed: Jinja error: Failed to convert property 'mtu': invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/datamodel.py", line 290, in property_convert
    result = int(value)

config.xml

Code
    sudo grep mtu /etc/openmediavault/config.xml
    <mtu>0</mtu>
    <mtu/>

There is still an empty mtu tag.

Edit: We've replaced the out commented rule in the config file, the actually interface has the <mtu /> tag.

After changing the <mtu /> to <mtu>0</mtu>, I'll receive an other error:

• I tried following instructions from post #38. Unfortunately I hit some issues after reboot:

The next command in line is not working either:

What am I doing wrong?

ETA: it turns out that there appears to be a typo in post 38. It purges openmediavault and transmissionbt instead of purging openmediavault-transmissionbt. I installed openmediavault back and was able to continue. Now the only error is The property 'numproc' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.nfs'. when logging in to the web interface.

• he property 'numproc' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.nfs'. when logging in to the web interface.

This should be fixed by clearing your browser cache.

• I fixed it by removing the offending entry from /etc/openmediavault/config.xml. There were a few other minor problems but nothing I could not fix so far - likely caused by the fact that openmediavault package was removed and reinstalled as opposed to upgrade. Right now the only minor problem left is an empty /etc/resolv.conf.

ETA: this seems to have been fixed by removing and then installing openmediavault-omvextrasorg.

• Used the upgrade script. Things went fine no errors. I am unable to login on the web GUI. It just flashes back to the login page. Any thoughts?

• hmm, root fs has 250G free so thats not it. I'll try clearing cache again.

I tried a different browser even.

I can't find anything in the logs but I may not be looking in the correct place. What is the best log to look at for this error?

• I´ve a Question to the post #38 - the apt-get is with the pakets for docker.

Can I use this upgrade also for a raspberry-installation without docker?

Thx

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!