OMV 5.0 - finally out! :-)

• Offizieller Beitrag

sudo omv-salt deploy run nginx phpfpm

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi ryecoaaron,

That doesn't fix anything, and the report is all green, ending with

If you need the full log, I have to find out how to put that here, cause of the 10k char limit.

• Okay, I inspected the /var/log/nginx/openmediavault_error.log and found that there was an issue that turns out to be a missing php-xml packet...

What php version does OMV 5.5.x use? Cause it seems to have installed a mix of php7.3 and php7.4. I manually added php7.3-xml and now I do see the login page. However, when I log-in it just stays at the login page with the running circle "please wait..."

[EDIT]

I restarted the services and now I can login! Wohooo!

Several services did not survive the upgrade though. I need my docker containers back up running... I try my very best

However, thanks for the big support in here!

• Okay, may be another question (sorry)

I see that the docker container are now managed at a different place in OMV? But I cannot find any of my old configurations there. Do I need to port them manually?

• Offizieller Beitrag

What php version does OMV 5.5.x use? Cause it seems to have installed a mix of php7.3 and php7.4. I manually added php7.3-xml and now I do see the login page

You must have installed php7.4 somehow. Nothing OMV would do that.

I see that the docker container are now managed at a different place in OMV? But I cannot find any of my old configurations there. Do I need to port them manually?

The docker-gui plugin was not ported to OMV 5.x. You can install portainer from omv-extras or use the command line.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I can start another thread if it's better to do so.

I have a RockPro64 NAS setup running OMV4 (I'm using one of Ayufan's images), I really don't have much in the way of any fancy plugins or containers. All I really have is the Plex plugin, a few network shares, and OMV controlling one RAID setup of 2 disks in RAID 1.

I'd like to upgrade to OMV 5

Should I simply follow @ryecoaaron method of upgrade over on page 2 or would there be any benefit (ease of setup/clean install) to reflashing my eMMC to OMV5 (I'm not what the config.xml would preserve in terms of shares and the RAID setup)?

Sorry if this is a really dumb question here. Thanks so much.

EDIT:

I'm looking at this guide here.

So it looks like there's not simple upgrade path for my current setup, correct?

The guide only references install do SD, previously there was a means to install to eMMC, is this still supported?

Is there any way to preserve my current network shares & RAID configurations?

Off-Grid Home Server Project:

ROCKPro64 4GB (Rockchip RK3399 Hexa-Core)

OMV 5.5.11 on Armbian Buster Server

SD boot | 128GB SSD Docker Storage | 2x 1TB SSD RAID1 Storage

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von BackWoodsTech ()

• I run in this problem when use your guide and sorry for that: Uppdate from omv 4 to omv 5 and can't mount my raid

• Hello, thanks for this guide. I managed to go through the update process, and everyhting went OK, but I have few erros now.

As soon as I login to the web interface I have pop-ups showing:

"The property 'options' does not exist in the model 'conf.system.network.interface'."

"The property 'recursive' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.rsync.job'."

"The property 'numproc' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.nfs'."

"The property 'localmaster' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.smb'."

In such, I don't have any Network Interfaces showing in "Network" (I had a bond0 configured in OMV4)

And no new data appears in Performance Statistics :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

As soon as I login to the web interface I have pop-ups showing

Clear your browser cache or hit ctrl-shift-R

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try: omv-confdbadm migrate conf 5.0.0

• What to do here?

It is not possibel to do anything here. It locks the apt system so I have to reboot an be in the same issue.

This is what I did before:

After going ahead wis teh next steps

apt-get update
    apt-get dist-upgrade

I had to repair

Code
    E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
    root@omv02:~# dpkg --configure -a

After thar I got the UI an it interacted with me. I was able to select the charset.

But then:

Code
     omv-salt deploy run nginx
    -bash: omv-salt: command not found

any idea?

I did some iterations of the commands and

Code
    omv-salt deploy run phpfpm

missed php7.3-fpm

so I did

Code
    apt-get install php7.3-fpm

nginx but the WebUI gives 500 and says /var/log/nginx/error.log

Code
    2020/08/02 01:35:37 [alert] 7136#7136: *1 open socket #9 left in connection 2
    2020/08/02 01:35:37 [alert] 7136#7136: aborting

And /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log

Code
    2020/08/02 01:41:13 [error] 7362#7362: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_strtolower() in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/autoloader.inc:28
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: {closure}('OMV\\DataModel\\M...')
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/env.inc(39): spl_autoload_call('OMV\\DataModel\\M...')
    #2 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(24): require_once('/usr/share/php/...')
    #3 {main}
      thrown in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/autoloader.inc on line 28" while reading response header from upstream, client: ::ffff:127.0.0.1, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "HEAD / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.3-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock:", host: "127.0.0.1"
  • Hello,

Does it really make Sense to continue this mega Thread?

Solutions get lost in it.

If everyone opens one Thread per topic with a good descriptive Titel, it May lead to questions being answered only once rather than multiple Times.

So, why Not Close this one?

Greetings,

Hendrik

• I found this: php7.3-fpm sock failed

So I run omv-salt stage run deploy but got a failure at run_state_deploy

After that I run omv-salt deploy run phpfpm and omv-salt deploy sucssessful.

But I hat errors in /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log

Code
    thrown in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/autoloader.inc on line 28" while reading response header from upstream, client: ::ffff:127.0.0.1, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "HEAD / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.3-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock:", host: "127.0.0.1"
    2020/08/02 14:36:26 [error] 4759#4759: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_strtolower() in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/autoloader.inc:28
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: {closure}('OMV\\DataModel\\M...')
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/env.inc(39): spl_autoload_call('OMV\\DataModel\\M...')
    #2 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(24): require_once('/usr/share/php/...')

I installed apt-get install php-mbstring

After that I got an other error in /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log

Code
    #4 {main}
    thrown in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/databasebackend.inc on line 110" while reading response header from upstream, client: ::ffff:127.0.0.1, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "HEAD / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.3-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock:", host: "127.0.0.1"
    2020/08/02 14:50:57 [error] 7167#7167: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'DOMDocument' not found in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/databasebackend.inc:110
    Stack trace:

So I tryed to install apt-get install php-dom, but it is virtual package provided by:

php7.0-xml 7.0.33-0+deb9u8

php7.3-xml 7.3.19-1~deb10u1

So I installed apt-get install php-xml and I got php7.3-xml

now the nginx starts an the WebUI ist visible but no login possible.

I new errors in /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log

Code
    thrown in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/databasebackend.inc on line 110" while reading response header from upstream, client: ::ffff:127.0.0.1, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "HEAD / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.3-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock:", host: "127.0.0.1"
    2020/08/02 14:53:35 [error] 7223#7223: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'DOMDocument' not found in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/databasebackend.inc:110
    Stack trace:

I tryed apt-get install php-dom, but it did not fix.

in my despair I start agin with wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/upgrade4to5 | sudo bash got errors and reboot.

So i did it aggin, now with success an got tis list of instuctions:

Code
    Then run:
    apt-get purge openmediavault-omvextrasorg resolvconf
    wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/packages/raw/master/install | bash
    apt-get update
    apt-get dist-upgrade

omv-salt deploy run nginx
    omv-salt deploy run phpfpm

Now I coud folow them and got the WebUI, it looks fine, exept that I am missing the contend in the Systeminformation in dashboard

Any idea how to fix that

• I have mentioned this more than once in this thread. It should be closed and the sooner the better.

I wish the Forum software offered a way to allow users to ignore threads.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• WastlJ

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!