OMV 5.0 - finally out! :-)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I clicked on apply and boom, the UI was gone (nginx returned a 502 error). Underneath, the file /etc/php/7.3/fpm/pool.d/openmediavault-webgui.conf was not present

I'm curious if the following would have fixed it: omv-salt deploy run phpfpm

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I actually had the same problem. After Upgrade von OMV4 to OMV5 everything was ok. Than I installed update "openmediavault 5.3.8-1", restarted webgui showed "502 Bad Gateway". First thing I tried was omv-salt deploy run phpfpm. Webgui was back, but I could not login. Error:

Code
    Fehler #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

Than I connected via ssh did omv-engine -f and I was able to login. Than I quited omv-engine, as It was still running the the terminal in foreground and I was still able to login. I rebooted but the network was gone. So I reconfigured the network interface via omv-firstaid and everything seemed to be ok.

Only thing which does not work is SMB via SMB2. SMB3 (tested with SMB03_02 and SMB03_11) is fine. Checked smb.conf, restarted smbd but SMB2 connections won't work anymore. This OMV5 systems now runs with Kernel Linux 4.19.0-8-amd64. Today there was an update notification for Kernel 5.4. Maybe this helps. I will report. Any other advices?

• I had followed the upgrades, fixed the nginx issue and now cannot see filesystem nor SMB. Attaching logs. Did this process wipe my (yes I know, backup) files? I don't think it did, but I don't see, except that when I "df -h" I see Used space. I'm kinda stuck and don't know if I can go forward, or if there is a way to "safely" rollback to v4...but as a validated Linux/Omv noob, I do need help.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did this process wipe my (yes I know, backup) files?

Nope. If you browser the /srv/ directories you should see your files. Those filesystems look like they have plenty of space used. If samba isn't working, either make a small change in the web interface for samba or try omv-salt deploy run samba

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• ryecoaaron I do see all in /srv/.

Here is what is happening:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry I forgot the run word in my original post. I don't see any failures in that output. Is samba working now?

• Ok. Login via ssh. omv-update. reboot. No network. omv-firstaid. SMB3 works. SFTP works. SMB2 does not work. omv-salt run deploy samba. Nothing failed. First line complained:

Bash
    root@server:/# omv-salt deploy run samba
    /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/jinja.py:503: DeprecationWarning: Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated, and in 3.8 it will stop working

SMB2 does not work. Commented out all smb extra options and applied setting. Still no SMB2.

• I guess I still have one final issue to get back to level ground.. I have NFS shares, when I attempt to mount from an ESXI test host, it mounts to a directory NOT in /srv/ but rather in /export/

I still never see anything in "Filesystem" other than a "Loading" message, so I can't figure on where that is failing. Added syslog which I think is relevant. In either case, when I tried to delete and recreate the NFS, I got the error (also attached as error.txt), so I rolled the config back to where I am.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have NFS shares, when I attempt to mount from an ESXI test host, it mounts to a directory NOT in /srv/ but rather in /export/

As designed. The exports in /exports are bind mounted to the directory you specify for each nfs share.

I still never see anything in "Filesystem" other than a "Loading" message, so I can't figure on where that is failing. Added syslog which I think is relevant. In either case, when I tried to delete and recreate the NFS, I got the error (also attached as error.txt), so I rolled the config back to where I am.

Looks like something isn't updated or installed properly. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep -E "merg|openm|omv"

• Correction, this error is when I look at the shared folders menu:

• ryecoaaron This is what I see:

Code
    root@omv5:~# dpkg -l | grep -E "merg|openm|omv"
    ii  mergerfs                                  2.28.3~debian-buster                amd64        another FUSE union filesystem
    ii  omvextras-unionbackend                    5.0.2                               all          union filesystems backend plugin for openmediavault
    ii  openmediavault                            5.3.7-1                             all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-apttool                    3.6                                 all          apt tool plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-backup                     5.1                                 all          backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-fail2ban                   5.0.4                               all          OpenMediaVault Fail2ban plugin
    ii  openmediavault-keyring                    1.0                                 all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg               5.2.5                               all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-unionfilesystems           5.1.1                               all          Union filesystems plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Correction, this error is when I look at the shared folders menu:

Do you still have /sharedfolders enabled? I thought this problem was fixed in OMV a while ago.

• I'm not sure about this as an issue one way or the other. I still see my /sharedfolder in the terminal:

Code
    drwxr-xr-x   5 root root   4096 Mar 21 14:32 sharedfolders

The directory, and any subdirectories (the share names) will not be removed. However, they will not have any file content in them.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

ow about the File System error?

I was never able to reproduce when it was causing a problem and like I said, I thought it was fixed. Disabling sharedfolders was something I thought would help. Maybe try deleting all pools and recreating.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Those pools in in File System? File System doesn't work in any way.

Remove the pools from the unionfilesystems plugin and then remove the plugin. Something with your unionfilesystems pool is breaking the Filesystems tab.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!