OMV 5.0 - finally out! :-)

• This is related to the File System menu. Any idea how to address this?

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Config\DatabaseException: Failed to execute XPath query '//system/fstab/mntent[uuid='2c8921f5-e052-4bf3-9264-77a4af82372d']'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(233): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.system.fil...', '2c8921f5-e052-4...')
    #1 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\ShareMgmt->get(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('get', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'get', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}
  • As I broke my ZFS support in my OVM4 system anyhow I did think, lets update to 5 it might fix the problem. Well unfortunately I did not come that far. After following the instructions i had a blank screen after logging into the web gui (cleaned caches and some plugins purges+apt update&&upgrade and reboot later) i have now the socket error which was decribed earlier when logging into the web gui.

Code
    Fehler #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()

But unfortunately the proposed solution (furhter back in the thread) did not work for me. Tomv-firstaid does issue this error when i try to save the network settings.

Code
    Configuring network interface. Please wait ...
    ERROR: Failed to connect /var/lib/openmediavault/engined.sock: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

For any ideas I would be gratefule and stay healthy out there these times

Edit: Might have resolved the issue. Executed the command omv-engined and now the gui comes up. Seems that OMV wasnt really running. Any ideas why it was stopped after boot?

Unfortunately I was not lucky. Gui came up but when accessing omv extras i got following error

Code
    The property 'repos.repo.0.uuid' does not exist in the model 'conf.system.omvextras'.

I assumed that there is something wrong with that addon so I deinstalled in addons. That worked but ended with a failure and now I get a nginx 403 forbidden when I access the gui.

There seems to be something wrong with my apt-get lists. apt-get dist-upgrade gives me:

• Ok so I cloned my USB install to another larger USB drive using clonzilla, I enlarged the root partition with gparted but in OMV they still show as the same size as the orignial USB. How do I fix that the Primary partition of the USB SDE1 is almost out of space.

• Expanding a partition does not expand the existing filesystem that is on it.

You need to use the resize2fs program to expand the filesystem. resize2fs has a man page so please read it.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hi idoindabox, the commands fixed my gui. Afterwards I still had the socket error from before, which I could fix by starting omv-engined. Now I can access the gui but when I go to the omvextrasorg I see following error

Deinstalling omvextras over addon breakes my nginx, been there. Any suggestions?

As there seemded to be a lot of broken things in my system. I purged lvm2, ovm, extras, diskstat etc and wanted to reinstall. Now the command to install omv throws a syntax error:

wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ckages/raw/master/install | bash

Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix this. apt-get update/dist-upgrade dont make any changes when being run.

Edit: Still don't know why the script failed. But I was able to do the wget manually and start the dpdk installation. But there seems to be something broken with the omvextrasorg addin. I keep seeing this error.

Another edit:

Managed to get rid of all the errors by:

rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-omvextrasorg.postinst

apt-get install openmediavault-omvextrasorg

GUI works but I still see the error

Code
    The property 'repos.repo.0.uuid' does not exist in the model 'conf.system.omvextras'

when accessing omvextrasorg tab

Next edit:

It did work :) I purged omvextrasorg again and did a dpdk -i openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all5.deb

and now it works :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

omvextrasorg I see following error

clear your browser cache

Deinstalling omvextras over addon breakes my nginx, been there. Any suggestions?

omv-extras doesn't touch nginx. So, it is not breaking it.

Now the command to install omv throws a syntax error:

Your system is all sorts of messed up.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Got finally all running - including my ZFS :) and my dockers. Just one bug I see in OVM5. Everytime i visit the ZFS tab in the GUI the yellow bar to save new configuration pops up even though i did not change anything. This happens only on the zfs menu item not on the others. I have to recall changes ans accepting throws and error. Aside from that i seems to work just fine

Thank you guys

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just one bug I see in OVM5. Everytime i visit the ZFS tab in the GUI the yellow bar to save new configuration pops up even though i did not change anything. This happens only on the zfs menu item not on the others. I have to recall changes ans accepting throws and error. Aside from that i seems to work just fine

That happens because it is making sure your zfs pools are imported. If you see the changes every time, the uuid must not be written to your pool for some reason. subzero79

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Hi ryecoaaron, I do see the changes every time but that might be due to the fact that I cannot accept the changes. It throws following error.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It doesn't like something with your setup. I would clear your browser cache and verify that your network settings are correct - especially your MTU setting.

• Set MTU to 1500 and issue disappeared. Thank you

Honestly not in a lifetime I would have imagined that the MTUs are the root cause of that issue. If you have time and must not save somebodys else soul at the moment I would be happy to learn how the error connects to the network to avoid of dying stupid :) If not, still happy that everything works. Stay healthy

• Offizieller Beitrag

Something changed in your network settings the marked the network module as dirty. The zfs plugin should not do that. So, I'm not sure why you don't see the apply bar regardless of visiting the zfs plugin. So, when the zfs imports the pools, it marks the zfs module as dirty which is causing the apply bar to be visible (as it should). When you apply, it runs the saltstack code for each module that is dirty. Since the network module is dirty, it runs that code and ran into the mtu issue. I have a feeling you won't see this problem again but it is hard to say how it got in this state.

• My OMV5 upgrade is still not peachy. I'm considering rebuilding OMV5 from a fresh build, In doing that, can I safely detach storage drives during rebuild and then reattach with data intact? Is there a recommendation on this?

• .....can I safely detach storage drives during rebuild and then reattach with data intact? Is there a recommendation on this?

Yes you can.

Recommendation on this? This has always been the recommendation, although I will admit to performing three major version upgrades of OMV without disconnecting the data drives. I decided to risk it, I suggest that you do not.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I exactly encountered the challenges which were reported by dwansch. The MTU thing is a good point. After an update I had no network connection and reconfigured the network with omv-firstaid. Than, everything was ok. Only exception is that all clients who still rely on SMB2 can't connect. Interestingly, these clients can't even ping omv anymore after update. I still have not found any solution for this strange behaviour....

• Expanding a partition does not expand the existing filesystem that is on it.

You need to use the resize2fs program to expand the filesystem. resize2fs has a man page so please read it.

Thanks gderf!!

:thumbup:Got it had to use ubuntu live dvd unmount the partition first to run e2fsck -f then resize2fs it confirmed the fs was expaded to the full partition. Put usb back in the server, worked great. Thanks. I want to install the OMVflash plugin, wish someone would do a video for OMV 5. Just a little leary about editing fstab.

• Editing fstab is not the place to make mistakes so be very careful. Always make a backup copy and know in advance how to restore it should your system become non-bootable due to an editing error.

The most common mistake made when editing fstab is to insert blank spaces or tabs where they are not allowed. Never have a blank space or tab after a comma. NEVER.

--

• Mr Smile

Hat den Titel des Themas von „ETA for OMV 5.0 - 2020, 2021, 2022?“ zu „OMV 5.0 - finally out! :-)“ geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!