OMV 5.0 - finally out! :-)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I saw a lot of Warning Deprecation messages during the process.

Warnings from salt. Nothing to worry about.

nd also the suggestion to remove apt-get autoremove if i'm not wrong to remove unused packages. What do you suggest to do a little clean after this massive update?

apt-get --purge autoremove

omv-aptclean

• And, the last two commands, unistalled docker. How can i install it again?

Just from the drop down menu?

EDIT: Yes installed. Also containerd was deleted with those commands. Strange. Hope those commands have not deleted something very important =O

• Offizieller Beitrag

How can i install it again?

Click the install Docker button in omv-extras's docker tab.

Hope those commands have not deleted something very important

The commands will tell you exactly what it was going to install and then prompt you if you want to uninstall them. Did you read it?

Is the Network Discovery (zeroconf?) option gone for Services in OMV5?

The tab is gone but avahi is still being configured if the service is enabled. If you don't want avahi running, you can set overrides in /etc/default/openmediavault

OMV_NFSD_ZEROCONF_ENABLED

OMV_PROFTPD_ZEROCONF_ENABLED

OMV_RSYNC_ZEROCONF_ENABLED

OMV_SAMBA_ZEROCONF_ENABLED

OMV_SSHD_ZEROCONF_ENABLED

OMV_WEBGUI_ZEROCONF_ENABLED

• The commands will tell you exactly what it was going to install and then prompt you if you want to uninstall them. Did you read it?

Yes, were all packets related to Stretch (don't remember the exact name). Anyway I have reinstalled docker and performed an apt-get update and an update-dist and found nothing to install so I suppose I have all the packets I need right?

Any idea on the zram present into the file system tab?

• Updating from 4 to 5, error in openmediavault.postinst in line

Code
    mv-salt deploy run collectd chrony postfix

Some network property ("mtu") ?

• Well

I was curious so I did the uprade from the post 38 everything was more or less ok until reboot my root password was not working any longer, so I was not able to perform

Code
    apt-get purge openmediavault-omvextrasorg resolvconf
    wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/packages/raw/master/install | bash
    apt-get update
    apt-get dist-upgrade

omv-salt deploy run nginx

omv-salt deploy run phpfpm

So I went to the GUI I was able to login I got the yellow prompt asking me to save the new config I did it, since that I am not able to access the GUI page: got "502 bad request"

But beside this on a big positive point: my emby is working even with the data on an outside drive and apparently I can even get it from outside thru my letsencrypt config

So how to fix the login from CMD and from the GUI?

I know I have to do

[tt]omv-salt deploy run nginx

[tt]omv-salt deploy run phpfpm

But I need to get back my root PW !

EDIT

I was lucky I had a user with ssh access previously configured so I am doing this Default SSH password "openmediavault" not work (OMV_3_0_88_RaspberryPi_2_3_4.9.41.img)

• So know I am kind of happy since the upgrade was very easy,

but I am getting also frustrated since with my config portainer does not deploy, I am getting exactly the same problem I got with a previous new install "Something went wrong trying to pull and start portainer ..." and this is because my dockers are on an external drive

the field Docker storage got: /var/lib/docker witch is a symlink aiming to my Docker folder on an external drive

I tried to change the field with /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_1/docker/docker but same issue apparently cannot get portainer working if Docker storage is not blank

So what is the solution because noway I do not want to rebuild my dockers specially since there are working?

not sure if it has something to do with the kernel I use?

• Update

This did not survive a reboot.

I had to enter again

Code
    docker run -d -p 9000:9000 -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v portainer_data:/data portainer/portainer

but now I got 3 portainers images one is stopped!

• Update

This did not survive a reboot.

I had to enter again

Code
    docker run -d -p 9000:9000 -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v portainer_data:/data portainer/portainer

but now I got 3 portainers images one is stopped!

If you read the documentation on the Portainer site is stated that the configuration for portainer is stored inside the container. If you want to store it outside and let the configuration to survive a reboot, you have to use a real directory instead of "portainer_data".

For example "path/to/config/on/your/drive:/data

• Hello hello I have to questions or maybe rather remarks:

1) wouldn't it be better to have that are dedicated Tutorial for the upgrade instead of hiding it inside a long thread?

2) it may be needed to run

Code
    omv-confdbadm migrate conf 5.0.0omv-confdbadm migrate conf 5.0.0

after the installation for me and and another user without this the Webinterface did not work.

Greetings Hendrik

• If you read the documentation on the Portainer site is stated that the configuration for portainer is stored inside the container. If you want to store it outside and let the configuration to survive a reboot, you have to use a real directory instead of "portainer_data".

For example "path/to/config/on/your/drive:/data

Got an issue

The container name "/portainer" is already in use by container "3e31f81d232cadadd94d90dd5e00a656dd7f1fffabafae48126f3ca0fa1697a4". You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name.

when I am using

Code
    docker run -d -p 9000:9000 -p 8000:8000 --name portainer --restart always -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v /path/on/host/data:/data portainer/portainer

I am changing the/ path/on/host/data: with my own.

• Well as the error says clearly, if you have multiple portainer containers created with the wrong path to /data, just remove them and then create the container with the correct path to /data.

Anyway I suggest to use docker-compose instead.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any idea on the zram present into the file system tab?

zram is compressed ramdisk. This is what armbian uses to reduce writes on flash media.

• I just upgraded from 4 to 5 with no major issues. This what I used.

I would add also the following since it caused an issue

Code
    apt-get purge openmediavault-nut

It stopped the dist-upgrade but when I removed it and run again dist-upgrade everything was fine.

In the end I lost the UI but

Code
    omv-salt deploy run nginx
    omv-salt deploy run phpfpm

fixed that!

Thanks all

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would add also the following since it caused an issue

That plugin exists on OMV 5.x. You shouldn't need to remove it. And if you do remove it, don't purge just remove. Then you won't lose your database entries.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!