OMV 5.0 - finally out! :-)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I know it exists that is why I did not remove or purge it in the first place.

But during the dist-upgrade it was saying that openmediavault-nut could not be configured because openmediavault is not configured....

That is a problem with your system. I'm guessing it could be fixed without uninstalling the plugin. I will see if I can reproduce.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Is there no backports kernel in omv 5 anymore?

Only the promoxkernel?

OMV 4 Arrakis | Kernel 4.14 ... running on
    SelfBuilt NAS -- Asrock Q1900-ITX -- 4x 2,4 GHz in Burst Mode -- 4 GB DDR3 RAM -- RAID 5 -- 3x 3TB WD Red

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there no backports kernel in omv 5 anymore?

Only the promoxkernel?

No there is both. backports are enabled by default. If you have the 5.4.x kernel, you have the backports kernel.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Apologies if this is a stupid question. Will these steps work with a Helios4?
    The reason I ask is because the initial steps I followed on their forum was to install Armbian Stretch (Debian 9) and then install OMV4 afterwards using armbian-config.
    Looking forward to using OMV5! Thanks :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Apologies if this is a stupid question. Will these steps work with a Helios4?
    The reason I ask is because the initial steps I followed on their forum was to install Armbian Stretch (Debian 9) and then install OMV4 afterwards using armbian-config.

yes. While it didn't back then, armbian-config actually uses my install script now.

• yes. While it didn't back then, armbian-config actually uses my install script now.

Thank you for replying. Just to clarify when I said "the initial steps I followed" I was referring to how I initially installed OMV4 on my Helios4 back in September last year. As such will using your steps now to upgrade (not armbian-config) work?
    I'll give it a go this weekend. But will ensure that I have a backup of the OS just in case ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just to clarify when I said "the initial steps I followed" I was referring to how I initially installed OMV4 on my Helios4 back in September last year

Yep, I understood that. That is why I said "while it didn't back then"

As such will using your steps now to upgrade (not armbian-config) work?

The upgrade steps on page 2 of this thread should work on any normal OMV 4.x system. armbian-config doesn't do anything non-normal.

• The upgrade steps on page 2 of this thread should work on any normal OMV 4.x system. armbian-config doesn't do anything non-normal.

I wasn't too sure if armbian-config did things differently to other systems, so I appreciate your response. Thank you for confirming that those upgrade steps should work.
    Happy Easter!

• Hello,

I've done this upgrade. seems to be ok in the console BUT i can't log in the GUI... i have a mistake somewhere (but don't know where)

this is what i have :

{"response":null,"error":{"code":0,"message":"Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory","trace":"OMV\\Rpc\\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/rpc.inc:141\nStack trace:\n#0 \/var\/www\/openmediavault\/rpc\/session.inc(56): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)\n#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)\n#2 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#3 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/rpc.inc(86): OMV\\Rpc\\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)\n#4 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/proxy\/json.inc(97): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)\n#5 \/var\/www\/openmediavault\/rpc.php(45): OMV\\Rpc\\Proxy\\Json->handle()\n#6 {main}"}}

I ve try to see if a plugin was the problem...

thanks from France

• I just updated from OMV4-OMV5 on my Helios4 using the instructions here (Note: as mentioned previously by another user here there were configuration files that were found to be modified by either myself or a script since installation. For all of these options I selected the default action as was advised. This was to keep my current version).

Whilst the update/upgrade went well I just have a couple of questions/comments:

1. I have heard a lot of talk about Shared Folders being deprecated. After successfully completing the update I can still see Access Rights Management -> Shared Folders in the Web GUI. Is this expected and correct?
    2. My Helios4 shipped with an LED screen that displays network information and RAM and Disk (OS and Storage) usage. This screen does not work after the update. Checking the service that should be running gave the following output below. I understand that this may be a question better directed at the Kobol team, however they don't have any information on this or upgrading from OMV4-OMV5 at all at this stage so I thought I'd start here

Otherwise, everything appears to be working well. Thanks for the clear and detailed instructions :)

1. I have heard a lot of talk about Shared Folders being deprecated. After successfully completing the update I can still see Access Rights Management -> Shared Folders in the Web GUI. Is this expected and correct?

You misunderstood what was deprecated. What is discontinued is having the shares populating /sharedfolders/

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• You misunderstood what was deprecated. What is discontinued is having the shares populating /sharedfolders/

Thanks for clarifying that! Much appreciated.

With /sharedfolders/ Are you referring to the Relative path for each share? Or the physical location in storage?

• I am referring to the /sharedfolders directory on the rootfs.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Again, thanks. Checking the rootfs /sharedfolders still exists and contains my 4 Shared Folders. What should I do?

/sharedfolders, and the subdirectories will continue to exist. However the contents of any subdirectories (those having the same name as your defined shares) will be empty.

I suppose you could delete the now unused directories, but leaving them there hurts nothing.

Also, it is possible to revert the system back to the previous behavior of having the shares bind mounted into those subdirectories. Information on how to do this is on the forum somewhere.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!