im trying to convert my legacy OMV 4 to UEFI because i want to use my new J5005 ITX Mainboard, which btw run fine with 2* 8GB Ram.
I followed this tutorial:
But i getting stucked when tryin to mount the right folders to chroot into omv.
I managed to chroot into omv and also managed it get the internet to work for downloading grub-efi.
But in the end der is no bootable efi system.
I have a 200gb SSD with 16GB for omv, 8gb swap, other space is a ext4 partition with shared folder for virtual Machines, Webserver and so on. (and 3 other HDDs, idle and shutdown @90% of the time, thats why i want to use the SSD for VM's and so on)
I cloned this ssd with clonezilla to a 1.5TB HDD. (and can do this again)
Generel Steps converting zu UEFI (pls correct me if i miss something)
- resize 16gb omv partition
- create "empty space" between omv partition and shared folder partition
- create 2 partitions in this space 500mb fat32 formated, flagged bootable and esp, after that 1mb partition unformated
- mount omv partition on a other debian 9 system, (and other folders, according to the tutorial, but i dont know which)
- chroot into the mounted omv debian, getting internet to work (ping google.com), apt-get remove grub-pc, apt-get install grub-efi
Thanks for Help
Answers in german are welcome