Transmission-openvpn changes the IP for the whole server

• Hi, I used Techno Dad's tutorial on setting up OpenVPN and Transmission.

When I use host networking to set it up and start the container the whole server then has the network change and then I loose all of my port forwards for this machine.

For example I have Influxdb, and grafana containers running as well. Influxdb stops ingesting data, and I can't reach the grafana instance from outside the house anymore.

Is there a different setup for this that will work and allow me to just connect my other, related containers to this?

Thank you

• The OP is a bit thin on details. But a guess as to what's happening is that already existing router NAT port forwards point to the private IP address of the OMV machine and work properly until OpenVPN is running. Then OpenVPN renumbers the OMV machine's private IP address or otherwise takes over the machine's network stack entirely which breaks the port forwards.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• The OP is a bit thin on details. But a guess as to what's happening is that already existing router NAT port forwards point to the private IP address of the OMV machine and work properly until OpenVPN is running. Then OpenVPN renumbers the OMV machine's private IP address or otherwise takes over the machine's network stack entirely which breaks the port forwards.

This is true. I would be happy to add more context if I knew what to add.

As for Grafana, I have the port forward to a custom port and exposed externally. But if I run the OpenVPN/Transmission container the ip address of the host changes and the port forwarding does not work.

I guess the ideal solution would be to create its own network and then point the containers that work together (Sonarr/Jackett/Transmisson-OpenVPN) can all talk to each other, but not impact the host network.
    can someone give me some advice on that?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!