Linux server/domoticz docker container setup

• not sure if the sticky bit is a problem

try

chmod 774 -R /sharedfolders/AppData/demoticz

Which hardware are you using?

It didn't work.
    I'm running OMV on a RockPro64 with its NAS case.
    A Unify controller in a docker container runs already on port 8080 with no problems so I guess Docker should be working fine on my OMV instance?
    Interestingly, through my Windows PC the folder AppData>Domoticz is NOT accessible while the folder AppData>Unify is.

I will try the docker-compose option.
    Is that configuration going to create a folder itself or should I create a Domoticz folder manually prior to running the script?

Thanks for all your help once again!

UPDATE

just ried the docker-compose option.
    Followed instructions up to docker-compose up -d

but I'm getting the error:
    ERROR: Named volume "sharedfolder/AppData/domoticz:/config:rw" is used in service "domoticz" but no declaration was found in the volumes section.

I did remove the Domoticz folder, recreated it, deleted it, left the image to create it by itself - pretty much tried all options.

I will give the other image you suggested a go as soon as I get home.

Do I have to run its configuration in a one-line-command as you suggested or should I save a docker-compose.yml like the previous example?

Many thanks for all your help. It's been proven precious.
    At least I know I'm not doing anything wrong and the problem i with the image which is getting me nowhere!

Just to update with this: This solution did not work either.
    Fed up with all this BS. Thank you very much for your effort and tendency to help though. It is thoroughly appreciated!

Tried a few other containers with no luck.
    I just posted my issue to linuxserver.io forum. Let's see if they can pull a rabbit out of the hat....

• not sure if the sticky bit is a problem

try

chmod 774 -R /sharedfolders/AppData/demoticz

Which hardware are you using?

It didn't work.
    I'm running OMV on a RockPro64 with its NAS case.
    A Unify controller in a docker container runs already on port 8080 with no problems so I guess Docker should be working fine on my OMV instance?
    Interestingly, through my Windows PC the folder AppData>Domoticz is NOT accessible while the folder AppData>Unify is.

I will try the docker-compose option.
    Is that configuration going to create a folder itself or should I create a Domoticz folder manually prior to running the script?

Thanks for all your help once again!

UPDATE

just ried the docker-compose option.
    Followed instructions up to docker-compose up -d

but I'm getting the error:
    ERROR: Named volume "sharedfolder/AppData/domoticz:/config:rw" is used in service "domoticz" but no declaration was found in the volumes section.

I did remove the Domoticz folder, recreated it, deleted it, left the image to create it by itself - pretty much tried all options.

I will give the other image you suggested a go as soon as I get home.

Do I have to run its configuration in a one-line-command as you suggested or should I save a docker-compose.yml like the previous example?

Many thanks for all your help. It's been proven precious.
    At least I know I'm not doing anything wrong and the problem i with the image which is getting me nowhere!

Just to update with this: This solution did not work either.
    Fed up with all this BS. Thank you very much for your effort and tendency to help though. It is thoroughly appreciated!

Tried a few other containers with no luck.
    I just posted my issue to linuxserver.io forum. Let's see if they can pull a rabbit out of the hat....

I posted my configurations logs there and waiting for their assistance.

In the meantime, I managed to install a working image which was https://hub.docker.com/r/wbvreeuwijk/domoticz

The problem is that -similarly to the Domoticz plugin- it does not seem to support OpenZWave USB as the my USB stick is not available in the drop-down menu of the hardware settings therefore, it's pretty much useless for my use case

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!