Adding Extra Arguments: Error #0

• I'm trying to follow this tutorial on setting up NextCloud remote access. At about 9:57, when I go to put --network my-net into Extra arguments, I get this error:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; docker run -d --restart=always -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --net=bridge -p 0.0.0.0:444:443/tcp -p 0.0.0.0:8080:80/tcp -h "fa47fe7d0d48" -e PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin" -e PS1="root@HC2:/$ " -e HOME="/root" -e TERM="xterm" -e NEXTCLOUD_PATH="/config/www/nextcloud" -v "/sharedfolders/AppData/Nextcloud":"/config":rw -v "/sharedfolders/Nextcloud":"/data":rw --name="nextcloud" --label omv_docker_extra_args="--network my-net" --network my-net "linuxserver/nextcloud:latest" 2>&1' with exit code '125': docker: conflicting options: cannot attach both user-defined and non-user-defined network-modes. See 'docker run --help'.

The details are as follows:

Then I simply have to cancel modifying the container. After this, my nextcloud container completely disappears. I tried docker restart nextcloud, and it says no such container. So then I tried creating the container again, and Nextcloud was working fine and I could access it again. Then I tried to modify again adding the Extra Arguments, and the same error and same thing happened (container disappeared). So I tried creating the container again, but with the Extra arguments added right away the first time, and got the same error. I'm not sure how to resolve this.

• So I have a question about this thread. Morlan wrote: "You can try joining the containers in the network settings of the docker gui.

I wasn't sure what this meant, so in the Docker GUI, I went to the tab "Networks" clicked on "my-net" and chose the Nextcloud container. Is this what I'm supposed to do? If so, do I put my Odroid's IP address in the IP address section? (the IP address I use to log into OMV)

I'm just confused about the solutions.

• @Morlan,I did go ahead and went to the tab "Networks" clicked on "my-net" and chose the Nextcloud container and pressed okay (left everything else blank). Then I noticed that when clicking "Run Image" and adding all the info for Letsencrypt, that the tutorial is having me add --network -my-net again in Extra Arguments. Not a problem with repeating the process and adding Letsencrypt to my-net with the GUI like I did with Nextcloud. I just simply left --cap-add=NET_ADMIN by itself in Extra Arguments and was able to save it.

But now I have a new problem, and I'm not sure if it's related, like, if it's because I didn't "join containers" properly. When I type docker logs -f letsencrypt in SSH terminal, I get the error over and over (not stopping until I hit Ctrl + C):

Code
    nginx: [emerg] PEM_read_bio_DHparams("/config/nginx/dhparams.pem") failed (SSL: error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line:Expecting: DH PARAMETERS)
  • Update:

I stopped the Letsencrypt service, deleted the container, deleted the Letsencrypt folder, and started over with Letsencrypt. It probably didn't work because I had initially created Letsencrypt without --cap-add=NET_ADMIN in the arguments, figuring that I would have to find a GUI way of adding Fail2ban. But then I decided to modify the Letsencrypt container and try adding --cap-add=NET_ADMIN to the Extra arguments, and it worked. But it was probably my modifying the container that screwed it up. So after I deleted it all and started over, I was able to execute docker logs -f letsencrypt successfully.

• @Morlan,I did go ahead and went to the tab "Networks" clicked on "my-net" and chose the Nextcloud container and pressed okay (left everything else blank). Then I noticed that when clicking "Run Image" and adding all the info for Letsencrypt, that the tutorial is having me add --network -my-net again in Extra Arguments. Not a problem with repeating the process and adding Letsencrypt to my-net with the GUI like I did with Nextcloud. I just simply left --cap-add=NET_ADMIN by itself in Extra Arguments and was able to save it.

But now I have a new problem, and I'm not sure if it's related, like, if it's because I didn't "join containers" properly. When I type docker logs -f letsencrypt in SSH terminal, I get the error over and over (not stopping until I hit Ctrl + C):

Code
    nginx: [emerg] PEM_read_bio_DHparams("/config/nginx/dhparams.pem") failed (SSL: error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line:Expecting: DH PARAMETERS)

I had this issue too. The issue is that techno dad video is out of date. In both videos he is missing permissions. For lets-encrypt and for nextcloud. To fix it I had to stop the dockers delete and remake the config folders and then enter all the permissions based off of what they said on docker hub (See links below).

Lets-encrypt = https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/letsencrypt/
    Nextcloud = https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/nextcloud/

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von cj2tech () aus folgendem Grund: I'm a idiot

• I had this issue too. The issue is that techno dad video is out of date. In both videos he is missing permissions. For lets-encrypt and for nextcloud. To fix it I had to stop the dockers delete and remake the config folders and then enter all the permissions based off of what they said on docker hub (See links below).

Lets-encrypt = hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/letsencrypt/
    Nextcloud = hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/nextcloud/

For Lets Encrypt you need the following permission:

• Name set to letencrypt
    • PUID=1000
      PGID=100
      TZ=America/New_York
      URL=yourdomain.url
      SUBDOMAINS=www,
      VALIDATION=http
      EMAIL= fakeemail@fake.com
      ONLY_SUBDOMAINS=true
    • Sharedfolders/appdata/letsencrypt mounted to /config
    • Extra Arguments = --cap-add=NET_ADMIN

For Nextcloud you need the following permissions

• Name to be set to nextcloud
    • PUID=1000
      PGID=100
      TZ=America/New_York
    • /sharedfolders/appdata/nextcloud to be mounted to /config
      /sharedfolders/nextcloud to be mounted to /data
  • Your instructions are the same as what's in the tutorial.

• I had this issue too. The issue is that techno dad video is out of date. In both videos he is missing permissions. For lets-encrypt and for nextcloud. To fix it I had to stop the dockers delete and remake the config folders and then enter all the permissions based off of what they said on docker hub (See links below).

Lets-encrypt = hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/letsencrypt/
    Nextcloud = hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/nextcloud/

For Lets Encrypt you need the following permission:

• Name set to letencrypt
    • PUID=1000
      PGID=100
      TZ=America/New_York
      URL=yourdomain.url
      SUBDOMAINS=www,
      VALIDATION=http
      EMAIL= fakeemail@fake.com
      ONLY_SUBDOMAINS=true
    • Sharedfolders/letsencrypt mounted to /config
    • Extra Arguments = --cap-add=NET_ADMIN

For Nextcloud you need the following permissions

• Name to be set to nextcloud
    • PUID=1000
      PGID=100
      TZ=America/New_York
    • /sharedfolders/appdata/nextcloud to be mounted to /config
      /sharedfolders/nextcloud to be mounted to /data

they are different I was up late when I wrote that so I could be wrong. I will send a screen cap of my current config. You also need to join the my-net network via the network tab in docker rather then have it in the extra augments.

• ok so in the first video

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    he misses PUID, PGID, TZ for Nextcloud where it is required.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!