New to Docker, Experienced OMV user - Setting up Plex with Multiple HDDS

• The HDD with my OMV3 installed on it died this week. So I had to replace it and this kind of situation is when I tend to upgrade to the latest software. I've been running Plex, Sickrage and QBittorrent-nox for years. Can't find the install script that use to install all the wonderfulness anymore... Seems like everything has been tossed aside in favor of Docker. Ok... I can adapt...

I followed this tutorial to the best of my ability... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNfk7ji4oh4

The problem is, I have 3 drives mounted in /srv/ with all my media data in them and don't know how to map them to Docker so that I can access them from within the Plex container.

What am I missing?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Those bindings aren't absolute, they are recommended. You can map almost any directory you want.

You could map one drive to "/movies", one drive to "/movies_1", and another drive to "/movies_2".... just keep in mind when you when you go to add your shares, etc.. and you're looking for container directories, you'll need to look for /movies, /movies_1, etc. Point Plex at all 3 directories and have it import data from each location...

Easy peasy.

• I made this make shit diagram to help you out. You can find all the information on what you need on the container on docker hub. Here is an example that might help you out the correlation between omv docker config (on the left) and information found on docker hub(on the right).

• Thanks for the attempt at helping CJ2Tech. While this is the wrong thread for that issue (mistakes happen) I am doing that... And it's still binding to the IPV6. The correct thread is https://forum.openmediavault.o…-binding-instead-of-IPV4/

No I meant this thread. I just figures since you said you are new to docker that you could use some help on setting up docker images on your own and how to under stand them better. I wasn't trying to focusing on one particular part.

• I made this make shit diagram to help you out. You can find all the information on what you need on the container on docker hub. Here is an example that might help you out the correlation between omv docker config (on the left) and information found on docker hub(on the right).

finally a clear and simple help, you are the best, thanks also from me

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!