Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose - Q&A

• Hi Tiste7,

Have you found the solution to work problem ?

Thank you in advance.

• I am a little stuck with setting up my proxy. I use no subfoder or subdomain, but instead my domain directly.

Docker:

letsencrypt:

80:80

443:443

mariadb

3306:3306

nextcloud

no port

letsencrypt docker is working, but without redirection to my nextcloud-root ; nextcloud itself, if i assign it a port, works as well.

config.php

nextcloud.subdomain.conf

Does anyone have a litte hint for me?

Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought.
    It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
    Terry Pratchett

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von riff-raff ()

• I think I have more a folder- and/or redirection problem, since I do not use nextcloud.mydomain.com or mydomain.com/nextcloud, but instead mydomain.com directly.

Using internal port 81 and 444 enables another container (for example nextcloud) to have 443 or 80 to bypass the proxy. But I do not need this.

Besides ... does the linuxserver.nextcould support redis through php-fpm-module?

Tried setting up a redis-docker and use

Code
      'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
      'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
      'redis' =>
      array (
        'host' => 'my-ip',
        'port' => 6379,
      ),

Edit: redis is running with this code, just takes a couple minutes to see first connections with

redis-cli monitor

For testing I tried using subdomain and subfolder-method. On both I get

502 Bad Gateway

Docker:

letsencrypt:

81:80

444:443

mariadb

3306:3306

nextcloud

nextcloud by itself with just

Code
      'trusted_domains' =>
        array (
          0 => 'mydomain.com',
          1 => '192.168.1.2',
         ),

works, but without CERT.

For tests with subdomain i stick exactly to the howto and I setup a CNAME nextcloud.mydomain.com pointing to mydomain.com

Letsencrypt Logs:

Zitat

2020/05/21 00:27:56 [error] 404#404: *1 nextcloud could not be resolved (110: Operation timed out), client: 91.40.253.106, server: _, request: "GET /nextcloud/ HTTP/2.0", host: "mydomain.com"

Despite all container are bridged and member of net 172.17.0.0/16

Edit:

nextcloud letsencrypt

running - linuxserver/nextcloud:latest 2020-05-21 14:15:08 172.17.0.8 443:443 80:80 administrators
    running - linuxserver/letsencrypt:latest 2020-05-20 22:41:04 172.17.0.4 81:80 444:443 administrators

Edit:

setting

nextcloud.subfolders.conf at

Code
    proxy_pass $upstream_proto://172.17.0.8:$upstream_port;

and the

config.php to

Code
      'trusted_domains' =>
        array (
          0 => 'mydomain.com',
          1 => '172.17.0.4',
         ),

solved the 502 Bad Gateway problem, but still, its subdirectory and not the domain itself.

Terry Pratchett

8 Mal editiert, zuletzt von riff-raff ()

• Is it possible to mount Samba shares from the host within nextcloud docker through the external storage plugin?

I have an share, lets call it 'example' on my host with 192.168.0.2, shared folder 'example' and all its subfolders is owned by user 'nextcloud', who has all privileges on it. Do I mount this share within nextcloud (host ip, shared folder 'example' global access with user 'nextcloud') the setup indicates that data is correct and share is reachable, but on opening I can not access any data within this share. At first I thought it was an permission issue or a connection, but both seem to be right. I do not want to run the container in privileged mode; which Capability Key is required?

Any suggestions?

Terry Pratchett

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von riff-raff ()

• So to mount the corresponding share as volume within the container? To bad, I liked the SMB, even there was this nasty 4 GB bug, cause it was quick & dirty to add grant access to folders for nextcloud users or even through a direct link.

Moving data to SSD seems intersting, I have one with 1 TB lying around unused ...

Terry Pratchett

• Offizieller Beitrag

So to mount the corresponding share as volume within the container?

No, that is the other solution in the thread. My picture is showing the config for a SMB share that is working for me. Without mounting the shared folder as volume.

The user in the config is a user that access to the samba share. From nextcloud and from the rest of the network.

• I did exactly the same thing, even the greenish symbol with the check appeares, but within external sites, I can see the share, but I have no access to its content. Do I access the share from Windows or Linux Desktops using the user provided everything works ...

Terry Pratchett

• exactly the same, architecture is amd64 as well. OMV 5.X

linuxserver/nextcloud

linuxserver/mariadb

linuxserver/letsencrypt

Terry Pratchett

• Offizieller Beitrag

but within external sites, I can see the share, but I have no access to its content.

Are you trying in the admin view?

On the left side there is external sites 2 times. You have to use the upper one to actually access the share.

• I configured it in admin site ... in user site i can see it, but says I have no rights to access the content.

i use user 'nextcloud' configured as system user through OMV GUI, the share is present through samba, the user is owner of the shared folder and has full rights. Do I access the share with Nautilus or Windows Explorer using the user, everything works. There is no difference in specifying 192.168.0.2 (OMV IP) or Docker IP, same thing.

Terry Pratchett

• I tried both, no positive results. user(groups) is the group 'user'.

Edit:

Okay, Samba seems to work since I created a custom bridged network instead of the docker system bridged one.

Terry Pratchett

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von riff-raff ()

• Hi folks,

thanks for the tutorial setting up NextCloud with Letsencrypt in Docker... I had to hassle around a bit, but finally get it working. I followed the route with DuckDNS but now I cannot get the subdomain.duckdns.org be accessed with 'https'. However I can access it with sub.subdomain.duckdns.org. On docker-compose.yml I had one entry that said

Code
    SUBDOMAINS=wildcard

which I was getting from one of the links referred bei macom which was the nginx, letsencrypt, reverse proxy tutorial. Anyhow: I'd like to get rid of the "sub.subdomain" thing and only access it with "subdomain.duckdns.org". I suppose I have to change nextcloud's config.php and the letsencrypt "nextcloud.subdomain.conf" but did not find the right parameters.

Beyond that: Is there any guide to set up a self-hosted nextcloud installation with a subdomain that I already have? I am with provider where I also can provide https via letsencrypt to that domain directly but it's not clear to me how I make my server connecting to that subdomain.

• Hi, I set up system according to your instruction. everything looks fine, only when I tried to access from local network (try to access https://10.1.1.196:4553/nextcloud directly). the page shows "nextcloud access is not from a trust domain".

I have defined trust domain in file appdata/nextcloud/config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php like below:

<?php

$CONFIG = array (

'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',

'datadirectory' => '/data',

'trusted_proxies' =>

array (

0 => 'letsencrypt',

),

'overwritewebroot' => '/nextcloud',

'overwrite.cli.url' =>

array(

0 => 'https://10.1.1.196:4553/nextcloud',

1 => 'https://xxxxx.duckdns.org:4553/nextcloud',

),

'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',

'trusted_domains' =>

array (

0 => 'https://10.1.1.196:4553',

1=> 'https://xxxxx.duckdns.org:4553',

),

......removed database setting content.

);

Does anyone met this kind of issue before?

Could someone help to give some advice about it?

Thanks!

• I set up everything as described in https://forum.openmediavault.o…g-OMV-and-docker-compose/

All containers boot but up with no errors in the logs. But my nextcloud does not seem to be able to connect to the MariaDB.

I set up all containers in bridge mode as i thought this is the intended way.

I tried to connect from my client to MariaDB to fix permission issues for nextcloud but the root user is only allowed to connect from localhost (so i guess this is the root cause):

Code
    Host 'xxx.xx.xxx.xxx' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

As every container has an own IP in the bridge network and the MariaDB docker has no shell acccess, how should i fix this?

• Nevermind i got it, Here is how:

First of all login to the docker containers shell with:

Code
    docker exec -it <container_id> /bin/bash

then use

Code
     mysqladmin -u root password <password>

to set the root password.

Then login to MariaDB with

Code
    mysql -h 127.0.0.1 -P 3306 -u root -p

From here on user rights and allowed hosts can be edited.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!