Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose - Q&A

• I meant only to remove the port forwards from the nextcloud container. The letsencrypt container needs a least port 443 open. But 444:443 is already a non standart port. Port 80 needs only to be open when renewing the certs.

• Maybe I just dont understand what you want to do. With letsencrypt set up you usually access nextcloud through letsencrypt's reverse proxy.

Additionally you want to access nextcloud in your LAN on another port than 443? If yes, just bind nextclouds 443 port to another port like -p 4567:443.

• Maybe I just dont understand what you want to do. With letsencrypt set up you usually access nextcloud through letsencrypt's reverse proxy.

Maybe, maybe not. I am most likely not able to properly explain what i want ;)

I just want to move nextcloud from 443 to another port so it is not that obvious when accessing from the WAN. I dont care that much about LAN. it can stay on port 443 or use the same as WAN. Doesnt matter.

Additionally you want to access nextcloud in your LAN on another port than 443? If yes, just bind nextclouds 443 port to another port like -p 4567:443.

Ok, if it is that easy. I will try....

• I got Nextcloud up and running as shown in the tutorial. But I ran into a database issue that is most likely a utf8 4 byte issue but I am unable to correct it.

Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing 'SELECT * FROM `oc_comments` WHERE (`message` COLLATE utf8mb4_general_ci LIKE ?) AND (`object_type` = ?) ORDER BY `creation_timestamp` DESC, `id` DESC LIMIT 100' with params ["%%", "files"]: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1253 COLLATION 'utf8mb4_general_ci' is not valid for CHARACTER SET 'utf8'

I tried to login into the mysql database with this commands

$ sudo mysql -u root -p

MariaDB [(none)]> use nextcloud;

MariaDB [nextcloud]> set global innodb_large_prefix=on;

MariaDB [nextcloud]> set global innodb_file_format=Barracuda;

$ sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:repair

But once I am on the first innodb_large_prefix=on" command it says

ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'set_global innodb_large_prefix=on' at line 1

Due to that I am unable to list / edit the users in the nextcloud backend and of course more.

Any hints would be very much appreciated ;)

Also tried that. None of your suggested way forward for chaning ports worked for me, sadly :(

• I got Nextcloud up and running as shown in the tutorial. But I ran into a database issue that is most likely a utf8 4 byte issue but I am unable to correct it. (...)

Interesting that so far nobody appears to have had the same issues. Since then I was unable to get the inno_db scheme to be updated from Antelope to Barracuda... I am not entirely sure why the changes I've made in MariaDB do not hold... I might give NextcloudPi a try.

• Anyone managed to get access to nextcloud through it's LAN IP?

I can use it fine through the WAN domain but using the LAN IP.

I added the local IP to the 'trusted_domains' in config.php but that is not enough.

When accessing trough "https://<nextcloud_local_IP>:444/nextcloud" i get redirected to "https://<nextcloud_local_IP>/nextcloud" and then get a 404 error there.

I guess some settings within in the proxy have to be adjusted as well?

• did you use the internal IP of your host?

i can reach my cloud with its internal IP, but certificate is not valid for this "domain".

why would you do this anyways?

Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought.
    It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
    Terry Pratchett

• Depends on your internet connection ;)

I do not use the webinterface, but sync-clients with different plattforms. Using an internal IP would cut clients mobility and flexibility for the use of other networks.

Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought.
    It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
    Terry Pratchett

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!