Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose - Q&A

• This is a complicated issue. Because MariaDB is not officially compiled for arm32 devices the linuxserver image is stuck on 10.1.*. I don't know if that will change. I tried to find an alternative this morning, but I have not found an easy solution .. Maybe someone else has an idea?

Thank you for your investigation.

A missing MariaDB docker version 10.2ff could be a show-stopper if nextcloud v21 will be available for my HW/SW-platform.

OMV 7.0.5 Sandworm | omvextrasorg 7.0 | compose 7.1 | Linux 6.6.16-current-mvebu | Armbian 24.2.1 Bookworm | Hardware Helios4 | RAID5 with 4 * 8TB WD Red

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unless the thread title has changed recently.. it seems entirely appropriate. Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The Guide use "image: linuxserver/nextcloud".

What is your point? Maybe if I ask this another way I can see your point, because at this point it seems you're nitpicking.. so answer me this... If you don't think the subject is telling you you're going to install Nextcloud with Letsencrypt with OMV and docker-compose, what do you think it's telling you in the alternative?

• "image: linuxserver/nextcloud" did have other problems than "image: nextclou/nextcloud"

OMV with Debian isn't the same OMV with Ubuntu.

I mean we can call it right, it simplifies support.

For me it is ok now, i know it now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

"image: linuxserver/nextcloud" did have other problems than "image: nextclou/nextcloud"

OMV with Debian isn't the same OMV with Ubuntu.

It's a moot point, it still deploys Nextcloud irrespective of either image used

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry, that analogy is absurd. Again, what do you think the subject is suggesting, if it's not suggesting it will install Nextcloud and Letsencrypt via OMV and docker?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why linuxserver/nextcloud?

Wwhat advantages do you see?

Three points I missed to mention.

linuxserver has a complete fleet of docker images (have a look at the number of pulls of the linuxserver/nextcloud image)

https://fleet.linuxserver.io/

So for me it is reasonable to assume they know how docker works. Nextcloud people maintain only one docker image.

Secondly I have seen several time issue with smb related to the nexcloud image. This matters if you want to use the remote storage plugin.

Last but not least, the linuxserver images give you the possibility to define which user is running the docker.

• I want a this time only Nextcloud an no other Container.

Did you have read this:

https://www.duckdns.org/

I use Nextcloud because i don't like google.

• hi guys.... does anyone know how to update my letsencrypt Keyboard for duckdns?! I get error message that my cerrificate will expire soon.

Greets

MSI B-250-DS3H-G4560 | some RAM | someTB WD red (snapraid) | OMV 5.x (latest) | DD Cine S2 V6.5

• Offizieller Beitrag

hi guys.... does anyone know how to update my letsencrypt Keyboard for duckdns?! I get error message that my cerrificate will expire soon.

Greets

Pretty sure you just have to restart the letsencrypt container and it should update automatically

• Hello macon, did you use this system as production system since Aug. 10th 2019?

Ruschi

https://docs.linuxserver.io/general/swag

Zitat

The certs are valid for 90 days. The container will check the cert expiration status every night and if they are to expire within 30 days, it will attempt to auto-renew. If your certs are about to expire in less than 30 days, check the logs under /config/log/letsencrypt to see why the auto-renewals failed.

• Offizieller Beitrag

isn't letsencrypt migrated to "swag"

I Use linuxserver/letsencrypt.

That's what I use. I just checked my container logs, and it updated Saturday... I definitely didn't update it manually but I did restart my server Saturday

• Offizieller Beitrag

Letsencrypt/Swag was probably a bad way to put it... I've not made the switch to swag yet, I'm still running the old linuxserver/letsencrypt container.

Personally, I think swag is a freaking terrible name for that container/project, not a legitimate name for a project. Not sure who the hell thought of that because everyone will think it means "some wild ass guess", so they need to rethink that IMO... I think leaving Letsencrypt in the subject is appropriate unless (until?) they come to their senses on that ridiculous name.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!