Any news on OMV Extras for OMV 5?

• Been running Arrakis on my Pi 4 for a few months now and I'm loving OMV, it's so much easier running a Pi than having a second PC running 24/7 and OMV does everything my FreeNAS box used to do.

I noticed that OMV 5 seems to be out now so I decided to install it onto a second SD Card and check it out and after a few small niggles I got everything working however there's so much functionality missing right now because OMV Extras is missing.

I can live without NGINX and SQL but the lack of miniDNLA really is a problem for me, myself and my kids use the Media Server for hours every day and I can't take their cartoons away from them now they've had them on tap for months, especially since it's school holidays atm and here in England it's done nothing but rain for weeks.

Any ideas when OMV Extras will drop for OMV 5? I've switched back to 4 for the moment but as soon as it releases I'm ready to upgrade.

Thanks.

• OMV 5 seems to be out now

As far as I know it is just another beta release.

Any ideas when OMV Extras will drop for OMV 5?

I pushed the first OMV 5.x version of omv-extras on March 1st. I pushed a new version a week ago that has a button to install docker and portainer. Here are the plugins I have ported - https://bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/usul

omv 5.5.11 usul | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.3.6
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• As far as I know it is just another beta release.

I pushed the first OMV 5.x version of omv-extras on March 1st. I pushed a new version a week ago that has a button to install docker and portainer. Here are the plugins I have ported - https://bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/usul

Is there a build of that compiled somewhere that I can use so I can grab docker support for my OMV 5 installation, for some testing? If not, what is the compilation process?

• Use the wget command found at the omv-extras.org/guides page.

Rsync makes true backup and restoration stupid easy, and it's built right in to OMV. Use this command in a Scheduled Job: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-NAMEofSOURCEdisk/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-NAMEofDESTINATIONdisk/
    OMV Version: Ver. 5 (current) - Hardware: NanoPi M4, running Nextcloud, Plex, & Heimdall - Acer Aspire T180, running backup - Odroid XU4, running Pi-Hole (DietPi) - Testing/Playing: Odroid HC2, Odroid XU4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Odroid XU4, and HP dx2400.

• At least it worked for me a few days ago with omv5 on a Odroid h2.

Rsync makes true backup and restoration stupid easy, and it's built right in to OMV. Use this command in a Scheduled Job: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-NAMEofSOURCEdisk/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-NAMEofDESTINATIONdisk/
    OMV Version: Ver. 5 (current) - Hardware: NanoPi M4, running Nextcloud, Plex, & Heimdall - Acer Aspire T180, running backup - Odroid XU4, running Pi-Hole (DietPi) - Testing/Playing: Odroid HC2, Odroid XU4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Odroid XU4, and HP dx2400.

• I maybe should make my own threat about this but I just think it is a bit much for this little thing.

I would just mention to the OMV-Extras plugin developer the you should probably look into the source list that is being created when for example trying to install pve kernel and turning on testing in the plugin.

Hint: "sid" ??

Keep up the good work. :)

• I just think it is a bit much for this little thing.

What is a bit much?

I would just mention to the OMV-Extras plugin developer the you should probably look into the source list that is being created when for example trying to install pve kernel and turning on testing in the plugin.

Not sure what you mean. You can't install the pve kernel on an arm board and the testing repo in omv-extras is just a omv-extras repo. It doesn't enable the Debian testing repo.

• What is a bit much?

Not sure what you mean. You can't install the pve kernel on an arm board and the testing repo in omv-extras is just a omv-extras repo. It doesn't enable the Debian testing repo.

When I tried to install zfs it said something of having the pve kernel and then I tried to install pve kernel it failed with something about a IP or something. I looked at the source lidt and then there was the "sid" statement. I change it to buster instead and then it would let me install the pve kernel. I am running on a normal 64bit pc.

Sendt fra min Nokia 6.1 med Tapatalk

• I looked at the source lidt and then there was the "sid" statement.

What file? omv-extras doesn't add sid anywhere unless you installed OMV 5.x on sid. omv itself would be do the same thing. I would be curious to see the output of lsb_release -a from your system.

• Ohh sorry my bad. I must have messed up my installation. I just tried with a new install and that does not seem to have any problems.

I am very sorry to have taken up your time with this dumb issue i had.

Thank you for your time.

You are welcome to delete the comments i made here.

So sorry again. I've should have done some more research before posting here.

:)

• I installed OMV5 and Extra's on top of a Debian 10/buster setup.

I also installed and enabled docker, but there is no docker-menu under services. I don't see docker-gui

As far as I can see, I have no option to search for docker images...

Am i missing something?

• JellyFin
    Home Assistant
    Portainer has a bit of a learning curve if you are use to Docker GUI. Same with Docker Compose (command line). There are several How-To’s on the forum to get you started though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!