Building deb packages. Having a lintian issue.

• Hi,
    I have an OMV 4 machine that does double duty as a Debian package builder (nothing to do with OMV).
    After a build I run lintian against the new pkg. When running a build on my OMV 4 machine I consistently get this in my lintian output:
    'Opening configuration file /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99openmediavault-proxy - ifstream::ifstream (13: Permission denied)'

As I say, the packages have nothing to do with OMV, and that file is completely empty.
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a resolution? I don't know OMV very well (and I come from Ubuntu) so I'm not really sure where to start.
    Thanks very much

• Thanks for the quick reply.
    Perms are indeed 640.

I have just noticed that I get the same response when I do something like 'apt search unzip' (note that I ran this as a regular user).
    I suspect that the problem revolves around the fact that I use fakeroot to run lintian. My preference is to keep it that way.

What I don't understand (and you'd be the person most likely to know I suppose) is why that file? There are 5 other '99' prefixed files in that directory? And, is there a straightforward way around it?

Cheers!

• What I don't understand (and you'd be the person most likely to know I suppose) is why that file? There are 5 other '99' prefixed files in that directory? And, is there a straightforward way around it?

I thought this fixed but I guess not. Just delete the file. You will have to re-delete it if you make any repo changes in the web interface though.

omv 5.5.17-3 usul | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.4.2
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!