SOS!!!!!Grub not loading after pass BIOS POST

• Hi OMV Guru

please try to understand my English , I am not native speaker . I need help of my box .
    My omv suddenly not able to boot normally after I replaced one of the hard drive sata cable due to system was not able to detect it .

this is my hard disks show in BIOS, sata port 1 is the boot disk
    pic1

stuck in this prompt , not able to load grub page
    pic2

however, I can see grub.cfg when i boot the USB "super grub2 disk " and I can select the kernel and boot omv in this way .
    pic3

does anyone even faced the same issue ? please help me to solve it , I need to connect monitor every time when need to power-on OMV . ||
    if any config file needed for T-shoot , please leave a message , i will post ASAP , thank you <3

• If you can boot and login to the shell you might try running the following command and see if it fixes it:

sudo update-grub

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• fdisk -l output

• Offizieller Beitrag

fdisk -l output

Was your OS disk the only disk connected to the motherboard, other than the install disk? Almost seems like Grub got installed to the wrong drive. If you disconnect all drives but the OS drive, does it boot?

You should be able to use the super grub disk to reinstall grub to the proper disk, if that's the case.

• Was your OS disk the only disk connected to the motherboard, other than the install disk? Almost seems like Grub got installed to the wrong drive. If you disconnect all drives but the OS drive, does it boot?
    You should be able to use the super grub disk to reinstall grub to the proper disk, if that's the case.

will try once I back home

• Was your OS disk the only disk connected to the motherboard, other than the install disk? Almost seems like Grub got installed to the wrong drive. If you disconnect all drives but the OS drive, does it boot?

after install grub-pc , the grub menu appear again , but new issue occurred :whistling: - not able to boot to OS , will upload pic soon

• Hello,

Sorry for my english.

I have the same problem since thursday.
    After the BIOS, Grub does not appear and i have a binking cursor. no boot to OMV. Same problem, if i disconnect all my data disk.
    I have remove my OS disk and replaced it by my backup OS disk, and it boot directly.

The defective disk is readable. I can mount it via USB on my other pc. In attach the boot info result, On this report, the OMV disk is sdg.

The last update made was the package "base-files 9.9+deb9u11".

Can you help me with this disk ?

• Hi Telev

Quite the same like me , My problem is solved .

Just for your reference.

I used "super grub2 disk" tried to boot to the defective disk and it is OK .

like KM0201 recommended , after enter OS , I installed grub-pc and select the boot disk , and everything ok now .

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!