Network speed

• I have gigabit router, switch and ethernet on my server. the computer runs at gigabit speed, but the server is the only thing running 100. i have checked that the nic card is capable of gigabit and it is. i have replaced the cable with a cat6 cable and checked it and all wires are good. please help as this issue is wearing me out

• What a router model?
    Some routers have the possibility to switch individual LAN ports into energy-saving mode, then the ports run only with 100mbit.

What say the output of

Code
    ethtool eth0

it is possible that you have to change eth0 to eth1 ... 3

[LibreELEC @ 2x RPi3, CoreELEC @ S12 Octa Core]

[ NAS OMV 5.xx (Usul) @ NanoPI M4 ]

[ Nextcloud 18.0.4 @ ODROID C2 ]

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

• Offizieller Beitrag

it transfered one time at 85MB now im back to 10MB grrrr and help would he appreciated

TBH I try not to reply to this sort of problem as troubleshooting and finding a solution can be the issue, but based upon the above I would suggest this is hardware related, the fact that the connection improved only for it to drop off again points to that.

This is how I have my own network setup Router -> Switch <- All Ethernet connections so I have no computers plugged into the router. Looking at your router you have three ports available for use.

How is your network setup, do you use a powered switch between the router and the rest of the network.

• my setup is as follows, modem to router, router to powered switch, computer, server, cameras, hdhomerun all plugged into the switch. Nothing other than the switch is plugged into my router.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nothing other than the switch is plugged into my router.

OK can eliminate the router what's the switch, it could be that that is failing (have had that happen in the school office)

You could also try iperf to test bandwidth between your computer and the server, that's the next step.

• In which port is the switch plugged?
    Port LAN 4 is dedicated to iptv one should connect the TV or multimedia player on it.

[LibreELEC @ 2x RPi3, CoreELEC @ S12 Octa Core]

[ NAS OMV 5.xx (Usul) @ NanoPI M4 ]

[ Nextcloud 18.0.4 @ ODROID C2 ]

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

• thought the switch was going bad so I made new cables to run to the router. Canles have been verified good by professional tester. Now I get an error about the nic card not being recognized. I tried omv-firstaid and it says error. Any help would be much appreciated. Tried to upload the pics if the errors but it says they are too big. i did a fresh install, it picked up the network cards and checked the mirror and everything but when it boots up it is not detecting a network card for some reason.

Update: Dont have a clue what i did but it is working now. probably going to start saving for a newer server lol.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!