OMV issue - 2xNVME = No LAN?

• Configure the network interfaces using omv-firstaid

I did it! :D The server is back online with more NVME storage! That omv-firstaid thing works very simple and nicely! Even a linux noob can use that. Why is that not in autostart after you login with the command line? So good!

Thank you very much! You're the man! <3

Now I'm back to only 1 problem. My "not on it's own starting" FTP server. X/

• Here is my thought on what went wrong:
    I installed OMV without the second NVME SSD.
    The LAN adapter was called "enp7s0" by OMV.
    Then I installed the NVME SSD.
    Now the name of the LAN adapter changed to "enp8s0".
    OMV still has the old LAN config on boot and doesn't realise that the hardware configuration has changed.
    So no LAN adapter gets activated because the default setting seems to be disable all.

Maybe an admin can make some kind of a FAQ or sticky thread like: "How to install an NVME SSD in OMV"
    There's like no information anywhere that you need to make a new LAN config after installing an NVME SSD to get OMV back online. X/
    Man that was one nasty problem for a non-Linux guy. :D

Try some other operating system and see if you can access both NVMe drives and use the LAN at the same time.

If you can't then I suggest you contact the manufacturer of the motherboard.

You could try with Ubuntu on a thumbdrive for instance.

I already solved the problem look on the post above. OMV-firstaid did the trick.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I believe you hit the nail on the head. Another case where the new port naming convention can complicate matters. (There's something to be said for the old standard - eth0, eth1, etc.)

But out of curiosity, after making the change and running into a wall, why didn't you try to rebuild? It's the easiest and fastest approach, "if" a software problem is suspected. It's a 15 minute time investment.

• I like to solve a problem and know the answer on what exactly went wrong. This is the only way I know what to do when it happens again. ...and there will be more NVME SSDs for sure...

On OMV its not a big deal to make a fresh install but on my gaming system for example it takes a whole week of work to reinstall Windows and configure everything like it was before. (there is a ton of software on that thing) So in that case theres no other way than to find out what is actually wrong.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!