Pihole on Docker - DNS resolution is currently unavailable error

• I once was able to install and use PiHole on Raspberry Pi on OMV via Docker. I moved to Rock64 board. I am using OpenMediaVault and using Docker inside it. I installed PiHole and configured it and have the following issue.Would be really great it someone help me out here.

Current setup:
    Rock64 board running OpenMediaVault. Docker is running inside OMV
    IP of Omv: 192.168.178.24
    IP of PiHole: 192.168.178.100
    Current log:

I use the below docker arguments:
    -p 53:53/tcp -p 53:53/udp -p 67:67/udp -p 80:80/tcp -p 443:443/tcp --dns 127.0.0.1 --dns 1.1.1.1 --cap-add NET_ADMIN

• Hi,

I have similar issue, how do you fix it ?

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• As I say on October use variables instead of arguments

But for your log, perhaps your problem are not DNS, I suspect that you do not have enought permission:

• sudo: unable to stat /etc/sudoers: Permission denied,
    • sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting,
    • sudo: unable to initialize policy plugin,
  • I did used variables.
    I tried to added Dockeruser in the env variables, but it still encountered errors.

There are two files in pihole that keep changed itself ownership to ‘openmediavault-gui’.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• Something changed around October, there are some Docker updates I can't implement without the Pihole container becoming unstable. I've been testing various configurations (OMV4, OMV5 and OMV5 with Proxmox) in virtual machines and in none I can get the Pihole container to run stable. As long as that remains so, I won't update Docker on my Raspberry Pi 3B+ again as I am getting tired of flashing back the previous installation (daily images).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!