Upgrade Plex media server version

• Hello

I'm a newbie with OMV, it's running on an Odroid HC2.

I installed Plex media server by the Plex plugin for OMV. So the Plex media server is version 1.12.1.4885. I would like to update this version, because it's an old one and I meet some troubles by using Plex media player, and with access from outside my network.

This is why I need help, if someone know good resources where to learn how I can replace this version by a newer one.

Thank you ✌️

• Probably your best option is to use Docker and install Plex as a container in docker.

Why should you use or not use dockers
    Read also the rest of the thread.

[How-To] Install Plex Media Server (PMS) container using OMV and docker-compose
    There is also a video about installing Plex in Docker.

• Hi,
    I also have the Odroid HC1 and HC2. They are perfect as an Plex-Server. What I have done to upgrade to the actual version of Plex is to download the version for ARM achitecture ( its something like plexmediaserver_1.16.xxxxxxxxx_armhf.deb)
    Then i installed it on the console with :
    dpkg -i plexmediaserver_1.16.xxxxxxxxx_armhf.deb --force-all

• Hi,
    I also have the Odroid HC1 and HC2. They are perfect as an Plex-Server. What I have done to upgrade to the actual version of Plex is to download the version for ARM achitecture ( its something like plexmediaserver_1.16.xxxxxxxxx_armhf.deb)
    Then i installed it on the console with :
    dpkg -i plexmediaserver_1.16.xxxxxxxxx_armhf.deb --force-all

Hi, thank you for your answer. So what you did works well now?

I already tried to installed as root the package plexmediaserver_1.17.0.1812-5ee2fc50a_armhf.deb but I had an error.

Could you tell me which version exactly you arrived to install? And before did you disable the Plex plugin in OMV or did you keep it enable?

• I had to uninstall the OMV Plex plugin first, but it seems to have worked well

Now I just need to try if streaming is ok, and also ouside of my network.

Thank you

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!