[Solved]Virtualbox Plugin question

• Offizieller Beitrag

Look here. It shows how the init script takes the name from /etc/default/virtualbox.

If you want to make these changes, go for it. I still don't think they are necessary and neither did the phpvirtualbox creator, Ian.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I just must ask, but have you really even opened /usr/share/phpvirtualbox/config.php and read it? Somehow a password must be generated and stored somewhere, and it can't be a default one because that would be a security issue. And storing it directly in config.php, means that we have to generate that file on every update. So I don't see how that helps you, since you would have to edit that file every time then.

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

Look here. It shows how the init script takes the name from /etc/default/virtualbox.

If you want to make these changes, go for it. I still don't think they are necessary and neither did the phpvirtualbox creator, Ian.

Unfortunately for me I'm not a programmer. So I do not have the knowledge to make these changes.

Zitat von "subzeroin"

I just must ask, but have you really even opened /usr/share/phpvirtualbox/config.php and read it? Somehow a password must be generated and stored somewhere, and it can't be a default one because that would be a security issue. And storing it directly in config.php, means that we have to generate that file on every update. So I don't see how that helps you, since you would have to edit that file every time then.

I just made a suggestion. So, according to your thinking, every time that virtualbox is updated, we have to generate the config file options as well, right? In the original config.php file, there is the ability to manage two different virtualbox servers. Well, how can this be possible if one server runs with a user with no password?

Zitat von "davidh2k"

As Aaron suggested, where is the problem adding the neccessary vars yourself to the config file?

What you're trying to do is way above the needs for this plugin, please keep in mind for what OMV is designed!

Greetings
    David

You're right, perhaps the virtualbox plugin is not designed for such use.

So, I forget about the plugin. I 've tried to install virtualbox manually and install phpvirtualbox with the web plugin. When the phpvirtualbox is loaded, I get a gray page with no login dialog box. Any ideas what might be the problem?
    Thank you in advance

• Thanks all for the help

I have not managed to change the plugin but at least i have managed to add a site and make the orginal files of phpvirtualbox work. So now i can install and configure virtualbox manual :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!