Moving Docker base path not working

• In one of the posts I read that you can move your base path even after the docker images were deployed. I've gone ahead, stopped my dockers, put in a new base path and applied. Over SSH I confirmed no files moved so I used rsync -avz to move all the files from /var/lib/docker to my new base path location on my ZFS array. Restarted the docker service and it failed instantly. Restarted OMV and it continued to fail. Set the base path back, rebooted and worked back to normal. With a tiny root OS drive of 20GB SSD I need to get these docker files off it. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Is the sequence of actions out of order, should I have done something differently?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, it is possible to move the docker base path even after you have added some docker images. I did it once. But, as you noticed, it is extremely easy to mess it up.

Now I reinstall OMV from scratch instead. And move the docker base path before I add any dockers. I have found that is much faster. Mainly because it is much less error prone.

• Offizieller Beitrag

In one of the posts I read that you can move your base path even after the docker images were deployed. I've gone ahead, stopped my dockers, put in a new base path and applied. Over SSH I confirmed no files moved so I used rsync -avz to move all the files from /var/lib/docker to my new base path location on my ZFS array. Restarted the docker service and it failed instantly. Restarted OMV and it continued to fail. Set the base path back, rebooted and worked back to normal. With a tiny root OS drive of 20GB SSD I need to get these docker files off it. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Is the sequence of actions out of order, should I have done something differently?

After you moved them, did you create a symlink between /var/lib/docker, and your new container location?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!