OMV-extras USB Backup stops working

• I have setup usb backup to save some shared folders. When I plugin the usb drive, backup starts in the background as expected. I can see copied filed in the syslog. But for some reason it seems to stop working after a certain time. The usb device is still mounted, so technically usb backup is still in progress but there is no more progress seen in the syslog.

Is there any log or so where I can check usb backup for errors?

• There is a possibility to send the rsync output by email. I had a similar behavior in the past. Reason: The backup disk was full. There was no information at all (respectively I didn´t noticed it) that the files could not be rsynced anymore to the backup disk.

Did you wait long enough? Rsync copies only the file changes. So if you have a share with a lot of files but only less changes, there could be quite a long time with no disk activity until the disk is unmounted.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von cabrio_leo ()

• Ah thanks for the input. The usb hdd is empty in my case since it is a fresh setup.
    Ok I have just waited so far and noticed that the usb hdd is actually getting filled with data. When I opened this topic there was about 180 GB in use. Now it is about 400. But there are no new syslog messages listing backed up files since about 5 hours.

Edit: Ok the issue is not that usb backup stops, but for some reason it just stops sending syslog messages. USB drive is now unmounted and all the data has been copied. So the backup has completed successfully but nothing about it in the log.

• Edit: Ok the issue is not that usb backup stops, but for some reason it just stops sending syslog messages. USB drive is now unmounted and all the data has been copied. So the backup has completed successfully but nothing about it in the log.

Did you look into the correct log file? Yes, there are some entries of USB-Backup in the syslog. But much more info from USB-Backup can be found in "Rsync - Jobs" log file.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!