UnionFS SnapRAID 0 size files

• Hi,

I have OMV running on an Intel system with M.2 NVME drive, 4x4TB data drives with UnionFS and SnapRAID. I have Emby running on a seperate Ubuntu system feeding several Kodi devices from media on OMV.

Since changing from RAID 5 to the above setup a week ago a lot of the .nfo files now have zero file size - everything works as before as far I can make out.

On running the SnapRAID helper script

https://sourceforge.net/p/snap…/1677233/thread/385e8cf5/

I get a few messages about this. Is this anything to worry about?

John

Inwin MS04 case with 315 W PSU

ASUS Prime H310i-Plus R2.0 board

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

Intel Pentium Coffee Lake G5400 CPU

Samsung Evo M.2 256GB OS drive

4x4TB WD Red NAS drives + 1x4TB + 1x5TB Seagate drives - MergerFS pool

Seagate 5TB USB drives - SnapRAID parity x 2

• Offizieller Beitrag

Since changing from RAID 5 to the above setup a week ago a lot of the .nfo files now have zero file size

I have done the same but a number of months ago, Emby runs in Docker on my OMV server, each .nfo file is located in each movie folder. I also don't use that helper script nor the diff script on OMV I run cron jobs.
    Best guess here is that the .nfo is on your Ubuntu server, hence the .nfo on OMV displays as 0, I also scrape my movies with MCM before moving them to the server. If something is missing I then use the metadata manager in Emby to fix it, but my Emby config points to a different drive (separate one) from the MergerFS + Snapraid plugins.

• Thanks for the input - I've searched the Emby folder on the Ubuntu system but the only .nfo files I find relate to music, there are none relating to TV episodes. I've checked a bit more and no problems are apparent, watched status and episode info is still there so the info must be in the Emby database, where it probably was all the time, the only change is I now have empty .nfo files. Interested to know how this has come about and only with .nfo files.

John

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Interested to know how this has come about and only with .nfo files.

The only time I have seen this is when I cleared the metadata (the nfo file) due to an error on my part, have you checked Emby's metadata manager and done a refresh metadata on one movie.

• Movies haven't been affected by this, just TV episodes. If I get Emby to manually search for mising metadata it puts .info (not .nfo) files in the right place. On thing that occurred to me is that when I switched to SanpRAID I changed some of the library paths which maybe invalidated the old .nfo files?

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

• Any idea what's causing them?

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

• Thanks for the input with this, I haven't solved the problem but come up with a workaround, which it to tell Emby not to produce .nfo files and instead get Ember Media Manager (Windows) on the job to create them.

Ember renames the empty .nfo files to .info but easy to delete these.

Edit - just discovered tinyMediaManager - much faster at recreating the .nfo files.

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von johnvick ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!