automatic switch-on and switch-off

• saving (electrical) energy,

I'd guess many of the SBC (RPi, Armbian,..) users share this goal.

I've a RPi4 with 4GB but unfortunately as others I don't have the required Linux skills to configure it in a way to use its full potential.

My dreamed setup would be:

- OMV (working)

- network filter for advertisement (ie. PiHole) (investigating but issues with network configuration)

- WLAN access point (idea, only read an article so far)

- mediacenter (Music and Pictures working via DLNA out of OMV , tried KODI for TV, but issues with receiver HW & IP-TV configuration)

I'm looking for like-minded people sharing the goals

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Offizieller Beitrag

- network filter for advertisement (ie. PiHole) (investigating but issues with network configuration)

Did you check these guides?

[How To] Install Pi-Hole in Docker: Update 01/27/20 - Adding Unbound, a Recursive DNS Server

[HOWTO] install PIHOLE on OMV5 using portainer WEBGUI on a MacVlan

I run pihole on a pretty old BananaPi on Debian without docker.

- mediacenter (Music and Pictures working via DLNA out of OMV , tried KODI for TV, but issues with receiver HW & IP-TV configuration)

[How-To] Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose

• Did you check these guides?

[HOWTO] install PIHOLE on OMV5 using portainer WEBGUI on a MacVlan

yes, but it assumes technical knowhow about networking I lack

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

[How To] Install Pi-Hole in Docker: Update 01/27/20 - Adding Unbound, a Recursive DNS Server

this guide says 'Update (01/27/20):

This Docker guide was tested on OMV 4.1.23-1, with the docker-gui 4.1.6 plugin, and Pi-hole/Docker
    pihole/pihole image ID: 14a0e4dc477d'

I've started with OMV5 hence assumed its not applicable, is this a wrong understanding?

[How To] Install Pi-Hole in Docker: Update [How-To] Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose

Apologize but failed to relate the guide to my issue with KODI and IP-TV. Maybe you wanted to elaborate how it would help?

• Offizieller Beitrag

yes, but it assumes technical knowhow about networking I lack

Maybe you can ask specific questions and then we might be able to help.

Apologize but failed to relate the guide to my issue with KODI and IP-TV. Maybe you wanted to elaborate how it would help?

If I were you, I would tackle one issue after the other and open one thread for each.

• 1) Maybe you can ask specific questions and then we might be able to help.

2) If I were you, I would tackle one issue after the other and open one thread for each.

re 1) I found a tutorial that seems applicable for OMV5 at https://www.wundertech.net/how…i-hole-on-openmediavault/

the point I struggle is at

Code
    9. Next, you need to run the command below while substituting the correct subnet (most are 192.168.1.0/24 by default) and network interface ID (mine is enxb827eb03ae0e). You also need to pick an IP address that you’d like to use that’s not currently in use. I will be using 192.168.1.195.'

what is meant by "correct subnet (most are 192.168.1.0/24 by default)".

There is a hidden rule to be applied to input data so a judgement for "correct" (or incorrect) can be made.

I need a written (simple) procedure or tool to come up with a correct result.

In my mind something along the lines:

1. get ip address of your router (shell command is unknown to me, but believe its 192.168.0.1 in my setup )
    2. get all network interface via ifconfig
    3. filter result of 2. for substring (start up to 3rd dot) of router ip (this is the part I'm not confident)

Note: I'd hope a tools exists to overcome exactly this lack of knowledge, but I've not found it yet :(

re 2) sure step-by-step is the best approach, but the end goal needs to be known at start of journey, because of the many "left or right" decision one has to take along the way. It's easy to get lost otherwise, this common wisdom is confirmed by the many failed projects I've seen in my career.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mi-hol ()

• 192.168.0.95 isn't used in my network yet.

Would below command to create macvlan be correct?

ip_subnet="192.168.0"

host_if=eth0

sudo docker network create -d macvlan -o parent=${host_if} \

--subnet=${ip_subnet}.0/24 --gateway=${ip_subnet}.1 --ip-range=${ip_subnet}.95/32 \

pihole_network

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von mi-hol ()

• After some trail and error

Code
    Starting pihole-FTL (no-daemon) as root
    Starting lighttpd
    [services.d] done.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!