Just wanted to say thanks!

• I have been using Windows Home Server for years without issue, but decided that I wanted to use an OS that had the ability to integrate most of my RPI systems using Dockers. I reluctantly swapped my system over to OMV and after probably reloading OMV 10+ times, I was about to switch back to WHS.... but thankfully didnt. The community answered my questions, and I finally started to figure out where I was going wrong. My system is not fully set up, but at the moment everything is running strong and I'm comfortable with what I have.

I'm still learning Linux, and somewhat frustrated with permissions, but as long as I eventually get a running system that does what I want, I'm confident that OMV will just keep on running faithfully as it was designed to do. Actually, it's kind of rewarding to learn a new system and see your labor bear fruit.

Thanks to the folks behind the scene who have made OMV possible, and for the community for being so tollerant of newbs like me.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ditto. How many of us should write just this post.
    @MightyMo stay plugged in. This is the best forum on the web. Learn and return the favor some day.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!