Syncthing docker not saving config on reboot - SOLVED

• If someone could please help me, I'm sure it's something stupid. I'm new to OMV / Syncthing / Docker in general. What happens is I get the Syncthing docker going, sync several folders across the network to several Windows machines; but then if OMV restarts because of a reboot or power interruption, when I get back into Syncthing it doesn't have any of my shares and it's like I starting Syncthing for the first time all over again. I've committed the container after everything is setup thinking that was the issue but still no go. Any help is appreciated from this newbie, thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

but then if OMV restarts because of a reboot or power interruption, when I get back into Syncthing it doesn't have any of my shares and it's like I starting Syncthing for the first time all over again.

This would suggest that the relevant settings aren't being written to the config file, start by looking at the config on the server and also the log of syncthing docker.

• This would suggest that the relevant settings aren't being written to the config file, start by looking at the config on the server and also the log of syncthing docker.

Thank you for the suggestion geaves, that led me to figure out what was going on. Turns out there is a bug, or maybe a designed feature, with how OMV handles shared folders under Access Rights Management that are created on DiskPools. After creating the share on the DiskPools, I referenced the share in the Syncthing Docker container by browsing to the /sharedfolders/[my_share] directory (where the config directory was created). This worked and created the sync folder and config folder for Syncthing on the DiskPool. However, after a reboot, OMV doesn't recognize the /sharedfolders/[my_share] directory as part of the DiskPool and recreates the config folder on the host partition and not the DiskPool. This is why after logging in again it looked like I was starting Syncthing for the first time. To fix this I now point the Docker container to the /srv folder where the actual DiskPool "drive" is created. Now on reboot, everything comes back as before the reboot. Bottom line is it seems like OMV forgets the blind mount, or however it creates the share on the DiskPool in the /sharedfolders directory after a reboot. Hope this helps anyone with similar type issue.

• Offizieller Beitrag

That sounds as if you are using MergerFS, but /sharedfolders are not purposed for use in Docker, they are a bind mount to allow easy access from the command line, but at least you have it sorted :thumbup:

• That sounds as if you are using MergerFS, but /sharedfolders are not purposed for use in Docker, they are a bind mount to allow easy access from the command line, but at least you have it sorted :thumbup:

Yes, I am using MergerFS. Still trying to figure out the do's and don'ts of all this stuff. Thanks again!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!