ShellInABox...Having to use IE and override security warning...

• It's been a long time since I used Shellinabox...Currently on the latest version of OMV 4.

A couple of days ago I tried to use Shellinabox from a Windows 10 PC with the latest Firefox 70.x but everytime
    I clicked on WEBCLIENT Firefox would completely ABEND...
    So I tried IE...And here's what I get...
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    This site is not secure
    This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

Close this tab

More information

Your PC doesn’t trust this website’s security certificate.
    The hostname in the website’s security certificate differs from the website you are trying to visit.

Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_INVALID_CA
    DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID
    Go on to the webpage (not recommended)
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If I click on the Not recommended Icon.. Go to the webpage (not recommended) in IE then Shellinabox works in both
    the WebClient and the Terminal.

Is this a certificate problem? How do I fix it?

• first off, its because you have not set up HTTPS for shellinabox

Secondly (and most important) Shellinabox is not supported and is completly in the new OMV 5 thats likly comming in the near future,

if you want an alternative to shellinabox, you can use WeTTy in Docker

• Thanks for the info...Did not know that ShellInaBox was no longer supported.
    At least I know I can still use it through IE...
    Doubt I will go to OMV 5 until it's well supported (and addons)...
    Will checkout Wetty in the interim...thanks...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!