First time posting here.
It's my first post and first time building NAS, so I want to apologize for any inconvience
I'm planning to do my very first NAS for home usage and would like a little more input on the hardware I selected thus far.
what I built so far for the NAS:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: ASRock MicroATX Motherboard (B450M PRO4)
OS SSD Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E1T0B/AM)
RAM: Kingston KSM24ED8/16ME Server Premier - DDR4-16 GB - DIMM 288-pin - 2400 MHz / PC4-19200 - CL17-1.2 V - unbuffered - ECC x2
Storage HDD: WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM Class SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD40EFRXW x2
Computer Case: -
* Encryption on the Storage HDD
* Plex server for in-home streaming with light transcoding for remote devices
* Storage for Laptop backup (documents, photos, softwares, etc) - Main Backup
* Calibre Server
* Ubooquity Server
* Couple of Web servers (python)
* (maybe a VM for windows or linux in the future)
Questions that :
1. Is the motherboard good?
2. Is that GPU good or should I choose a different one?
3. Will the RAM will fit in the motherboard slot?
4. Which UPS is recommend for the setup?
5. Which PSU is recommend for the setup?
6. Do I need to put thermal paste on cpu?
7. Do I need to buy air cooler instead of the air cooler that comes with the AMD CPU?
8. is HDD better a choice than SSD (SA500 4TB)?
9. How can I setup an encryption on Storage HDD?