ASRock J3455-ITX Reboot Solution

• Problem

Hi to all owners of this "amazing" motherboard! After build my NAS on this motherboard and installed OMV 4 i I ran into the following problem:
    System reboots without any reason

Dmesg and other log files are empty. After tons of forums i have understood, that there are 2 problems:
    - C-States of processor
    - Intel i915 driver

Here is my output of
    root@openmediavault:~# last -x reboot

https://pastebin.com/4WBgFu38

Solution

1. Go to UEFI/Bios and make some changes:
    - Advanced - CPU Configuration - Intel SpeedStep Technology - Enable
    - Advanced - CPU Configuration - CPU C - States Support - C1
    - Advanced - CPU Configuration - Enchaced Halt State - Disable

2. Update kernel to latest aviable for Stretch d

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# uname -r
    4.9.0-11-amd64

3.1. Make changes in /etc/dafault/grub and change following line to:

Code
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet i915.modeset=1 i915.enable_rc6=0 i915.enable_fbc=1 i915.enable_guc_loading=1 i915.enable_guc_submission=1 i915.enable_huc=1 i915.enable_psr=1 i915.disable_power_well=0 i915.semaphores=1 i915.enable_execlists=0 processor.max_cstate=1 intel_idle.max_cstate=0"

This black magic is working like a charm!

3.2 Update GRUB configs and reboot

Code
    $update-grub
    $reboot

4. Enjoy your NAS without reboots!

• did it depend to all Intel i915 chipsets? Or the only one on this board? Which one is on the Board? 915GV, 915GL, 915G, 915PL, 915P

Equipment: a few Computers, lot's of waste heat, little time and a Pile of work.

When solving problems, dig at the root instead of hacking at the leaves.

• Many thanks!
    I had the same problem on the motherboard Gigabyte GA-N3160N-D3:
    Random kernel panic and rebooting. Regardless of OVM version and kernel version. Proxmox kernels also crashed.

Solution proposed by the SourYougurt helped to solve the problem!

sorry for my english

• I've been running an ASROCK motherboard for over two years now on a Ubuntu Fileserver, and I had this exact same problem, random reboots, mouse freezing up bad
    so my whole shell is frozen. Here is the reason after much headache and troubleshooting. Yes it is a hardware issue but something a bit more mundane than
    whats been posted so far. I had installed that file server on an M.2 memory stick (500 gig) on the motherboard and plugin itself, so I never used a PCI card adaptor.
    Turns out that if you have all your SATA ports maxed out which I did, there will be conflict with the M.2 channel simply because the M.2 channel on the chip
    will grab resources allocated to at least 2 sata ports. Of course I did not know any of this when buying this new technology, but regardless I had to share that
    because that was a real headache trying to troubleshoot the error source, when in reality it wasn't that complicated a fix actually..
    Of course my motherboard manual did not go into detail on the channel sharing priority off the M.2 interface.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!