Core temperature above threshold

• Hi

My NAS turn with a I7-7700K, here is lscpu result:

My OMV CLI is displaying me a regular error message related to overheating of my processor and the cores:

Code
    CPU0: Core temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 458)
    CPU6: Package temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 926)
    CPU2:Package temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 926)
    CPU3:Package temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 926)
    CPU1:Package temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 926)
    CPU7:Package temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 926)
    CPU5:Package temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 926)
    CPU0:Package temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 926)
    CPU4:Package temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 926)

First, I check the hardware. The CPU fan is OK, the rad is clean. All the case fan are OK.

I check my BIOS settings and I set the fan speed at the max (3200 rpm). The BIOS show a temperature about 30°C for the CPU.

In OMV CLI, sensors give a normal temp, even after big loads:

The speed of the cpu_fan is not correct: it keep turning at high rate.

I do not understand why this message continues to appear...
    Does my CPU pause regularly?

Thks for the help...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!