I now read already a lot and tried to compare the SCB's which are best for my planned NAS:
- 1 HDD for data storage (made available by SMB)
- 1 USB-Disk for Backup
- low power consumption, as it should run 24/7
- faster than a USB2 setup like Orange Pi Zero Plus
Currently I think Rock64 is the best solution:
- less energy consumption
- possibility to connect a monitor for the case if it does not boot up
- cheaper hardware (by the way, the prices are currently higher than what can be found in older threads, do you know why?)
Some questions for the Rock64:
1) Can I use the internal memory for the bootloader and then boot from HDD?
2) When using the USB to SATA cable from pine64, in which cases do I need the external 12V power supply?
3) Which would be the faster config: Both HDDs via USB3 Hub at the USB3 port / One disk via USB3 (main disk for storage), the other one via USB2?
4) Is there another USB3 connection on the GPIO?
Is there any board out which has a power suspend / sleep mode or wake on lan functionality. I think most of the time the NAS will run in idle waiting for requests. Such kind of functionality would save a lot of power...
Thanks in advance for any comments on that!