RPi and other SBC/armbian images

• Offizieller Beitrag

Since you have the R-PI image downloaded, I'd reflash the card and start the script again. That's the clean way to do it.

You could go to the Raspbian forum and report the problem with the Russian mirror. You have the IP address and screen shot. But, by the time you do that, they'll probably be aware of it.

It's like a power outage. The hot second power goes out "someone" is calling it in. But when it's restored is another matter altogether.

• Well, I got the image from one of the users, got it installed. will check the system, if it works for me, I will try again installing the fresh one from the repo.

By the way, I have checked the mirror and it is missing the correct archive, so, I doubt it will be fixed soon

• Offizieller Beitrag

The default OMV root filesystem is very small. Most of it is in RAM the whole time. So it won't benefit a lot from being on a SSD. Boot will be faster, but running, not so much.

However if you use dockers or other software to have the NAS do more than being just a NAS, then there may be a lot of benefits to have that software installed on a SSD. Especially if there are databases and metadata and other similar stuff involved.

As long as you use the flash memory plugin I would suggest to leave the rootfs on the SD card and put all extra software, dockers and so on, on the SSD. And data files on a normal HDD.

Having the rootfs on a SD card or a thumb drive also makes it trivial to clone the rootfs. Just clone the SD card or the thumb drive.

• Makes sense what you suggest, thank you.

Install OMV on a 32GB sdcard. Set docker storage and Nextcloud db and configs files to external SSD. HDD for data.

Right now I don't have any other application for docker than Nextcloud.

• Problem installing new OMV5 on Raspberry Pi 4 4Gb with Raspbian Buster Lite December 2020 version

Followed all the instructions from https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ing_OMV5_on_an%20R-PI.pdf

but it gave me a list of unmet dependencies

so I tried to manually install each dependency but only have success with PHP

other dependencies install gave me more unmet dependencies

is there any way for me to install OMV5? from other sources maybe? been googling since monday but never find any solution.
    do i really have to wait until the install script got updated?

please help

thank you in advance

• I'd expect capacity issues of Raspberry Foundation servers or internet service providers as a root cause.

Try again at times when load is usually lower

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Offizieller Beitrag

Problem installing new OMV5 on Raspberry Pi 4 4Gb with Raspbian Buster Lite December 2020 version

Followed all the instructions from https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ing_OMV5_on_an%20R-PI.pdf

but it gave me a list of unmet dependencies

Per the other thread:
    I did a build yesterday with no issues.

What I've noticed is over holidays and weekends, where the "free repo servers" are not attended, issues come up when pulling from software mirrors. (Russia and Canada seem to have the most problems along these lines.)

These issues seem to "magically" vanish when volunteer admin's come back to work on Monday, or after a holiday. Perhaps you should give it another try on Monday evening, in your time zone.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I added an SSD that I want to use as Docker Storage however I can't ssh as root to create a folder on the disk and to know the path to the disk.

You didn't see the SSD, in the GUI, under Storage, Disks ? Where possible, it's best to use the GUI. Setting up a disk is an example.

If you didn't create the admin user and give it ssh access, you'll have to ssh into the R-PI as the user pi

Then use sudo in front of all commands that need to run as root.

• I see the disk but I wanted to create a folder and from the gui where can I know the path to the disk? Like this /srv/dev-disk-by-label-OS/docker/var_lib_docker

• Offizieller Beitrag

Go to Storage, Filesystem, then click on the Create button.

Find your SSD in the device drop down. Format it (EXT4 would be the best choice for Dockers).

When the format is complete, in the same window, you can reveal the mount point, as shown below.

Then go to Access Rights Management, Shared Folders and create an new shared folder called docker. (The /var_lib_docker path is not needed.)

Add /docker onto the end of the mount point and that should do it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I added an SSD that I want to use as Docker Storage however I can't ssh as root to create a folder on the disk and to know the path to the disk.

Solved:

Change Shell to bash and now I can paste a password for root.

Not saying you're wrong, but when I've had this problem, I could still use SSH, use the OMV webUI, etc. (it usually happens right after installing docker).

See if your server is actually online after installing docker

ping -c 5 aol.com

When this has happened to me and I run omv-firstaid.. I end up with two network devices (my Intel device, and a device called docker0). I suspect somehow this docker0 device, is becoming my default network device, thus causing the problem. When I run omv-firstaid and configure my Intel card again, all is fine. IIRC, it done this when I clean installed OMV 4 as well, and definitely did it when I clean installed 5. It's not something I've ever investigated to thoroughly as it didn't really bothered me, as it's a 5 second fix..

• Offizieller Beitrag

The only thing that is not working are the plots. There is no plot with data.

Where can I check why this happens?

I think you mean the monitoring? It is disabled by the install script because it is a lot of writes and can be cpu intensive (bad for small boards).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!