rsnapshot with autoshutdown (forced uptime) / WOL / scheduled wakealarm

• Hi Aaron and friends,

is there currently on OMV4 a practicable and reliable solution for rsnaphot in conjunction with autoshutdown?
    The solution to edit openmediavault-rsnapshot cron file is no more applicable to due this will be always overwritten to standard time values.
    I don´t want to let the system in on-state for hours at night only to backup few files within minutes. (2:00 - >3:30)
    Because there are other daily cron jobs of the system, i would like to run everything included rsync with begin at 0:00. Is this possible?

Other solutions:

Scheduled job, that are anacron type, have the disadvantage that all Job would start at same time after system wake up. Because of
    lock flag of rsnaphot, only one backup type is possible (from daily, weekly, monthly, yearly)

Anacron can use a delay time for running jobs, but anacron only start on a specific time? (07:30?), when the system is not powered on.

Can someone explain the content of the script: /etc/cron.d/anacron

Do i think something wrong?

Thank you for your answers!

• I thought you want to prevent an autoshutdown of the NAS, when a rsnapshot job is running. When the rsnapshot task is done then the NAS may do a shutdown.
    Otherwise I didn´t understand your request correctly.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• My server is usually down, when the rsnaphot cron job have to start:

/etc/cron.d/openmediavault-rsnapshot

5 * * * * root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot hourly
    30 3 * * * root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot daily
    0 3 * * 1 root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot weekly
    30 2 1 * * root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot monthly
    00 2 1 1 * root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot yearly

overwrite is with other times is useless, because the times will be change to default times automatically.

• Edit times in /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/rsnapshot
    could be an approach to get reliable backups in help with scheduled wakealarms/autoshutdown with fored uptime

thank you for the hint, i will check the rsnaphot rotation results in near future

(Nice car, almost the same as mine :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!