bash script not working from cron jobs (scheduled jobs) due to environment variable not being present for Scheduled Jobs user. How can I do this?

• Hi all,

I've installed Restic and run it successfully from the command line in a bash script.
    It runs successfully as I've done this in terminal as root:

Code
    export B2_ACCOUNT_ID=""
    export B2_ACCOUNT_KEY=""
    export RESTIC_PASSWORD_FILE="/home/restic-password.txt"

I then run restic from terminal via my bash script using ./runResticBackup.sh and it works perfectly.

I then take that bash script and enter it into Scheduled Jobs in the OMV dashboard and run the job to test it.

It gives this output:

Bash
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export SHELL=/bin/sh; sudo --shell --non-interactive --user=root -- ./home/bashScripts/runResticBackup.sh 2>&1' with exit code '1': Fatal: unable to open B2 backend: Account ID ($B2_ACCOUNT_ID) is empty
    Error #0: OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export SHELL=/bin/sh; sudo --shell --non-interactive --user=root -- ./home/bashScripts/runResticBackup.sh 2>&1' with exit code '1': Fatal: unable to open B2 backend: Account ID ($B2_ACCOUNT_ID) is empty in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/cron.inc:175 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMVRpcServiceCron->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusjD...', '/tmp/bgoutputN2...') #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/cron.inc(179): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure)) #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceCron->execute(Array, Array) #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('execute', Array, Array) #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Cron', 'execute', Array, Array, 1) #6 {main}

So what I take from that is this line Fatal: unable to open B2 backend: Account ID ($B2_ACCOUNT_ID) is empty and that means my variables I exported in the terminal are not being read by the Scheduled Jobs user.

How can I get these variables accessible to the Scheduled Jobs user so the bash script can run?

Thanks so much...

• You legend! I was looking for "openmediavault environmental variables" rather than "linux environmental variables".

I simply added the export variable commands before the restic command and it sets the variable each time it runs via the user that runs it.

Thank you. Makes PERFECT sense

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!