[SOLVED]ASUS H87I-Plus NIC problem

• Hello everyone,
    i am new in this forum.
    I want to install OMV on my new NAS system, but i have problems with my network interface.

The ethernet controller is not recognized with OMV 0.5.0.24.
    I dont't have any idea, what can i do to install the driver of the ethernet controller.

I have got the following motherboard:
    ASUS H87I-Plus
    LAN: Intel® I217, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
    http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H87IPLUS/#specifications

• Offizieller Beitrag

The network adapter is too new for even the backports kernel. Until OMV is based on Debian Wheezy (sometime in the next few months), the easiest fix is to get another network adapter that plugs into a slot.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi dayy, I have the same issue and I'm struggling to get my NAS running.
    Which PCIe NIC did you installed. Would be great to get the information, so I can go forward with setting up my NAS.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I use an Intel EXPI9301CT and it works great.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi ... sorry for reviving an 'old' thread ....

The nic on the H87I-Plus is an Intel I217 ... not a realtek.

In any case had you tried running this on wheezy (and installing OMV manually)?

• I have also a H87i Plus running and tried to install OMV first time last weekend.

Network Adpt was not found and i´m very new in all this with Linux using shell commands and so on... it was not so easy to make it run.
    Finally i found an older Version of a already compiled Intel Driver. I could make it run until the next reboot, because i guess that
    of this driver version (the driver itself) the system didn´t saved the settings and lost everything.

I downloaded the latest intel version, but i could not make it run / compile maybe because of missing knowledgement with linux. So i found
    a solution somewhere in a newsforum.. which explained how to modify the rc.local a kind of "autostart" that loaded my driver version
    every time after a reboot at the end of the hole init process (loading the system).

I would still like to use the latest intel driver, but i dont know how to comiple correctly. I´m just glad that everything is more or less working right now.

Asus Z97M-Plus / Intel Core i5 / 16 GB RAM / System: 120 GB Intel SSD / RAID 1 - 2 x 4 TB Seagate ST4000VN000 / USB Backup HDD - Seagate Backup Plus Desktop STCA4000200

OMV - Arrakis 4.1.22.1
    Kernel 4.19.0.0 bpo4 - amd64
    PHP 7.0.33-0+deb9u1

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!