Raid 6 dropping drive.

• Hello, have been browsing the forum, but didn't see an answer. 2 years ago I configured a system with an Asrock board, a 2 port SAS card and 8 3 TB WD Red drives in raid 6. This worked flawless until 1 month ago, all of a sudden 1 drive was in state defunct. I wiped the drive via OMV and tried to add it again to the array but no luck, rebuild stopped. Maybe bad luck, and the drive is maybe really dead. Checked the HD with 3 different drive check tools, they all indicate drive is healthy... Anyway, checked the cables, bought a new disk and installed it in the cabinet, started rebuild which ended without a problem. Problem solved? Well, no because today the new drive also got dropped. Any idea?

Thank you, kind regards - Koen.

• Thank you for coming back to me, here you go :

HDD Device 1: /dev/sdb
    HDD Model ID : WDC WD30EFRX-68EUZN0
    HDD Serial No: WD-WCC4N0EE5HP8
    HDD Revision : 82.00A82
    HDD Size : 2861588 MBsame chznnel
    Interface : SAT Standard USB/ATA
    Temperature : 22 °C
    Highest Temp.: 34 °C
    Health : 100 %
    Performance : 100 %
    Power on time: 19 days, 7 hours
    Est. lifetime: more than 1000 days
    The hard disk status is PERFECT. Problematic or weak sectors were not found and there are no spin up or data transfer errors. No actions needed.

It only confirm what check under Windows indicated. What worries me is the fact it's 2 times a disk connected to the same channel in the cluster of 8 disks, unfortunately my knowledge is not enough to check any further.

Kind regards - Koen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!