Nextcloud in docker container not reachable - internal server error

• Nextcloud in Docker is running a few days since yesterday.

Today I can´t reach by internalIP:444 the Nextcloud GUI. Attached a screenshot about error text.

I built nextcloud in a docker container following TechnoDad Videos and it runs some days.

I don´t know now what to and I need help please.

I´m not sure what further informations/screenshots/logs are necessary for you to help me.

Files

Gigabyte GA-H270N-WIFI, Intel G4560, 16GB RAM, Fractal Node 304, Raid 1 (2x2TB)
    Fritzbox 7590,ZyXEL GS1900-10HP, APC
    USP ES700G

• If you're using LetsEncrypt, reverse proxy, and Nextcloud in Docker, you don't need to manually enter the port for your Nextcloud URL.
    A couple things that you can check:

1. check the NC config.php
    2. check LetsEncrypt subdomain file: nextcloud.subdmain.conf
    3. Try: cloud.yourdomain.com

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Sorry for my following stupid questions.

1. Where/how can I check it?
    2. I don´t use letsencrypt because I only use OMV internal.
    3. I´m not sure what you mean. I dont try to reach it from outside. Why domain? Sorry, I´m noob.

USP ES700G

• thanks for your help @tinh_x7.

I did this "/var/www/nextcloud/config/config.php" via putty and the message I get is:"No such file or dirctory"

The links I have to read and understand.

USP ES700G

• @macom: Yes I updated OMV from 4 to 5 but at first I reached by "192.xxx.xxx.xx:444" the Nextcloud GUI. Suddenly since yersterday it is impossible this way.

No solution at the moment. I´m noob, sorry.

USP ES700G

Edited once, last by sunpower ().

• @sunpower @macom did you check if the nextcloud container running with sync of the system time?
    I had such a mistake six months ago in my OMV4 configuration

omv 5.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 5.x | kernel 5.4
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | linuxserver/nextcloud | linuxserver/letsencrypt | linuxserver/mariadb | jellyfin/jellyfin | doliana/logitech-media-server | v2tec/watchtower | instrumentisto/coturn

• Now I stopped nextcloud container and startet it again. Start time is actual right time - the same as in OMV.

USP ES700G

• in /nextcloud/log/nginx/error.log I find
    "Failed to connect to the database"

MariaDB and Nextcloud share the same network in Portainer.
    I sshed in the database container and confirmed I have the correct password by logging in as root.

Has someone an idea how to check the connection between nextcloud and MariaDB?

• I found "my" solution because I remembered me - and I didn´t write it here - that before I changed ACL in nextcloud and nextclouddb folders to reach it via smb from windows.

Now I used the omv-resetperm-plugin for these 2 folders and i am happy now

Yes, I know that now every expert will say it´s stupid that I (as a noob) change ACLs without knowing exactly what and why to do.

USP ES700G

Edited 2 times, last by sunpower ().

• It was only short time possible for me to reach nextcloud GUI. Now it´s another error message -> see screenshot. =O

Files

USP ES700G

• After doing this: "https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/27909-ETA-for-OMV-5-0-weeks-months-quarters-2020/?postID=222788#post222788" and after reboot OMV now again nextcloud is reachable and login via "internalIP:444"

I understand nothing....

Is there a bug in beta OMV 5.0?

USP ES700G

• I've got Nextcloud working perfectly on OMV 5. Now granted, I'm using duckdns/letsencrypt. I had a lot of trouble trying to set up my own domain. I'll figure that out when I have more time to give to it (thankfully it was only a few bucks..lol).

As it stands however, setting it up with my duckdns domain and letsencrypt was no problem.

Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!