How do I unreference a filesystem?

• I can't delete a filesystem as it's marked as referenced by a shared folder which in turn is referenced by something I cannot fathom.

SMB is turned off and there are no shares.
    There are no users in the system (although their home folders have been left behind and there seems to be no way of deleting them)
    User home directory has been disabled.

any ideas how I can delete my filesystem?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You most likely have some service configured that reference some shared folder. And that shared folder is on the filesystem you want to delete.

You CAN fathom this! It was YOU who configured the service and shared folder. So you just have to undo your own deeds.

It is not enough to disable a service. You have to delete the share reference that service operate on. So if you look in the SMB service for instance, under shares there are the share(s) references you need to delete.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can't delete a filesystem as it's marked as referenced by a shared folder which in turn is referenced by something I cannot fathom.

SMB is turned off and there are no shares.
    There are no users in the system (although their home folders have been left behind and there seems to be no way of deleting them)
    User home directory has been disabled.

any ideas how I can delete my filesystem?

Just because SMB is turned off, it will still show as referenced. You need to completely remove the shares from SMB, even if SMB is disabled.

The other thing you can do (assuming you have omv-extras). Install the "resetperms" plugin. After it's installed, go back to to the Shared Folders section of the webUI, and click "Shared Folders In Use"... beside each folder, it will show where it's being used.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!