Raspberry Pi 4 (OMV5) installation - Why is my NAS getting two IP addresses?

• Thank you for the comments that you are annoyed. They are very helpful.

apt-get purge dhcpcd5 will fix the issue. The install script has been updated.

Thank you for the fix. And sorry for the "annoyed" comment as well. I tried explaining the issue. Good day! :)

Some people read the Wall Street Journal over their breakfast coffee. I read the forum. It’s mildly hugely entertaining. :D
    I have to pay for the WSJ. This is free.

Glad to provide some entertainment. :)

Will try installing OVM5 again... soon. Thanks again!

• installed fresh OMV 5 today - still get the double ip issue (1 statically set and 1 dhcp assigned - both on enp2s0) tried running apt-get purge dhcpcd5 as above - get error it is not installed.

• installed fresh OMV 5 today - still get the double ip issue (1 statically set and 1 dhcp assigned - both on enp2s0) tried running apt-get purge dhcpcd5 as above - get error it is not installed.

The install script removes dhcpcd5 - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…/blob/master/install#L408

I'm guessing you have two netplan files. What is the output of: ls -al /etc/netplan/

omv 5.5.5 usul | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.3.5
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I did what everyone else suggested - made a reservation on my DHCP server for my static IP and that seems to have fixed the issue.

root@OMV:~# ls -al /etc/netplan/

total 16

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jun 9 16:25 .

drwxrwxr-x 98 root root 4096 Jun 9 18:02 ..

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 43 Jun 9 16:25 10-openmediavault-default.yaml

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 267 Jun 9 16:25 20-openmediavault-enp2s0.yaml

root@OMV:~#

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!