Python 2.7 deprecated

• While installing some software I got the following warning:

DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won't be maintained after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7. More details about Python 2 support in pip, can be found at https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/development/release-process/#python-2-support

And given that removing Python 2 will also uninstall several core OMV packages, that's obviously not a good idea... and January 1st is days away... So what's next? I suppose it doesn't really matter since most of my services run in Docker, but for the few things that don't, it's a bit disconcerting to know that a crucial part of my software environment is about to be unsupported and there doesn't seem to be an upgrade path immediately available unless upgrading to the OMV5 beta.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is deprecated but there is no need to remove it. Debian will keep supporting the version on Debian Stretch. If you are using pip, you will have to move to python3.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!