Easy Nextcloud Installation discussion

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you able to connect through a browser on the phone?

Maybe killing and restarting the phone will help. I’m not an Android phone user. Maybe someone who is will have some insights on the matter and will chime in. I read here from KM0201 that he didn’t care for the Nextcloud app on Android.

• Hi everyone-

First time posting. Trying to get NextCloud working with my Raspberry Pi4 4GB with OMV 5.6.2-1 via Portainer. Followed the TechnoDadLife's (love that guy!) tutorial on Stacks (

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    ), and I think I'm almost there. I'm having 2 problems: 1. Can't forward Port 80 through my TP Link router (it isn't blocked by Comcast); 2. Can't access the web interface via either the local port or my DuckDNS domain. I get "Unable to Connect"

Here's my stack with a few identifying features, denoted by "XXX", removed:

---

version: "2"

services:

nextcloud:

image: linuxserver/nextcloud

container_name: nextcloud

environment:

- PUID=1000

- PGID=1000

- TZ=America/New_York

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Seagate8TBext4/XXX/docker/config/nextcloud:/config

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Seagate8TBext4/XXX:/data

depends_on:

- mariadb

restart: unless-stopped

mariadb:

image: linuxserver/mariadb

container_name: mariadb

environment:

- PUID=1000

- PGID=1000

- MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=XXX

- TZ=America/New_York

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Seagate8TBext4/XXX/docker/config/mariadb:/config

letsencrypt:

image: linuxserver/letsencrypt

container_name: letsencrypt

cap_add:

- NET_ADMIN

environment:

- PUID=1000

- PGID=1000

- TZ=America/New_York

- URL=XXX.duckdns.org

- SUBDOMAINS=wildcard

- VALIDATION=duckdns

- DUCKDNSTOKEN=XXX

- EMAIL = XXX

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Seagate8TBext4/XXX/docker/config/letsencrypt:/config

ports:

- 443:443

- 82:80

I did the memory size fix described here:

Nextcloud - Letsencrypt issue

And I also did the libseccomp fix described here:

https://docs.linuxserver.io/fa…ntu-focal-and-alpine-3-13

I changed the local OMV port to 84.

I reset my permissions via OMV -> Shared Folders -> Reset Permissions

One weird thing: letsencrypt log says: "No e-mail address entered or address invalid" and I did enter a appropriate email address in the stack.

I attached the logs from Portainer with identifying information again replaced by "XXX".

Any help would be appreciated. Oh, and can someone explain "Published Ports" to me:

Does it mean forward external port 443 to internal port 443 and external port 82 to internal port 80?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: 4-3-2021

I fixed my problem by doing the following:

1. I replaced Letsencrypt with Swag in my stack

2. I fixed the spaces surrounding the "=" when specifying my email in Swag

3. Forwarded the ports in my router; had to change the port for router web ui from 80 to something else in order to forward port 80

4. Used MariaDB Bionic instead of MariaDB Latest

5. After delployment of the stack, I edited config.php in nextcloud->config->www->nextcolud->config to add trusted domains as described for subdomains in Morlan's post #4 here:

Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose - Q&A

or, if you're using subfolders, here (macom post #1 on August 10th, 2019):

[How-To] Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose
    6. I didn't explicitly describe this in my first post b/c it is in the TDL video, but after stack deployment I commented out the location in the swag -> config -> nginx -> site-confs -> default file, like this:

7. I didn't explicitly describe this in my first post b/c it is in the TDL video, but after stack deployment I copied nextcloud.subdomain.conf.sample to nextcloud.subdomain.conf in the swag -> config -> nginx -> proxy-confs -> default file, like this (if you're using a subfolder instead of a subdomain, do this to the subfolder sample file):

Here's my updated stack, with XXXs replacing personal stuff:

---

version: "2"

services:

nextcloud:

image: linuxserver/nextcloud

container_name: nextcloud

environment:

- PUID=1000

- PGID=1000

- TZ=America/New_York

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Seagate8TBext4/XXX/docker/config/nextcloud:/config

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Seagate8TBext4/XXX/Nextcloud:/data

depends_on:

- mariadb

mariadb:

image: linuxserver/mariadb:alpine

container_name: mariadb

environment:

- PUID=1000

- PGID=1000

- MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=XXX

- TZ=America/New_York

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Seagate8TBext4/XXX/docker/config/mariadb:/config

swag:

image: linuxserver/swag

container_name: swag

cap_add:

- NET_ADMIN

environment:

- PUID=1000

- PGID=1000

- TZ=America/New_York

- URL=XXX.duckdns.org

- SUBDOMAINS=www,nextcloud

- VALIDATION=duckdns

- DUCKDNSTOKEN=XXX

- EMAIL=XXX@gmail.com

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Seagate8TBext4/XXX/docker/config/swag:/config

ports:

- 443:443

- 80:80

Hope this helps someone. I clearly don't know what I'm doing, LOL

Happy to put a Raspberry Pi 4 4GB/ 32 bit guide together if someone will help me find a spot for it.

• Hi, first of all I wanna say thanks to @TechnoDadLife for his video!

I have a proposal for eventually future version (I see sometime they have been done) or, however, a couple of note to put somewhere in the howto:

- if someone would like to use nextcloud on omv, that should be one of the first step so you after copies data directly into the right nextcloud folder instead of, like I did, moving it from the previous location :D inside nextcloud itself. If I understood, you cannot tell nextcloud where data are, the nextcloud data folder that you specify must be empty... or not? Just as an advice. Of course, this in case you dont want to use "external drive" functions, that I dont like (think the native access is better);

- second, to see you copied file, you have to execute - inside the container! - the OCC script that allows nextcloud to "see" the new data and fill the db with the metadata required.

Bye!

• - EMAIL = X

Do you have a space between "EMAIL" and "="???

And after it, also spaces???

Also, really don't understand why this paths but to each it's own:

/config/<appname>:/config

For me, it makes more sense: /<appname>/config:/config

- PUID=1000

Does this user have "docker" privileges? As in, did you added it to the docker group?

Does it mean forward external port 443 to internal port 443 and external port 82 to internal port 80?

This means that you have to make portforwarding in your router from external 443 to <yourNCip> internal 443

And external 80 to <yourNCip> internal 82.

• Hello,

I'm running OMV5 on linux and stuck with this error:

I tried to change ownership of the appdata/ncdata folder from root to www-data as described here but with no success.

Any help will be appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Starting Apache

That looks out of place. How did you install OMV and what are you running it on?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I still think something is wrong with your install. OMV uses nginx, not Apache.

Maybe do a fresh install and follow the tutorial more closely. Just a guess.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You misinterpret the message. It’s a log from the docker container, which uses Apache

Thanks Morlan .

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!