Easy Nextcloud Installation discussion

• One option would be to install normal nextcloud (instead of nextcloudpi)

Ok I just put it back the regular nextcloud it is working locally NP.

I am at the point where in Docker OMV4 I should add in the extra argument --network my-net in this video

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    at 9:42

But now I am using OMV5 how do I put this in portainer,I am able to see in network tab I am in bridge mode, but if I pull down the network arrow mynet exist

So how to join it in portainer?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Usually I put all docker that are using the same network in one docker-compose file at let portainer do its magic.

But I assume you can just select my-net from that drop down list. Don't change anything else.

• Usually I put all docker that are using the same network in one docker-compose file at let portainer do its magic.

But I assume you can just select my-net from that drop down list. Don't change anything else.

Anyway I did that on top of it I add in label" omv_docker_extra_args "and as value "--network my-net"

I still got two issues I think I am still in SQL lite, Probably gonna bash again in mariadb, but my main issue and it might be related, before rebooting and loose everything I can login locally no PB there but from my domain.duckdns the password is not recognize although the site is in my trusty and I can change the PW locally and copy paste but noway I cannot login from my domain where I get" Wrong username or password". also got OCP\Files\NotPermittedException: Could not create folder.

Update

I emptied the folders just in case I bash the database and started again, so far everything working perfect locally and remotely.

s
    password.

• Hi,

I've just installed NextcloudPi but I encountered an almost "minor" problem:

I've changed ports because I've already have a letsencrypt docker configured for my DynHost ovh.

I manage to access to NextcloudPi BUT (yeah there's a but) I can't access to the 4443 port.

I don't know if I have to do something on my letsencrypt or NextcloudPi docker.

Here is how the ports are configured:

Code
    docker run -d -p 4443:4443 -p 446:443 -p 82:80

Do someone have an idea ?

• You can access it over internet, but you need to configure a second route (e.g. another subdomain like ncconfig.mydomain.com). For that you need to enter the domain as an environmental var in the letsencrypt container under subdomains. Then spin up second .subdomain.conf with the new subdomain and the changed port to 4443.

• Hi

I have a Odroid HC1 and was running Armbian Stretch and OMV4 with Nextcloud in a docker container as per

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

it worked good for more than a year.

When my OMV crashed after an update and I couldn’t repair it I now have a newly installed Armbian Buster and OMV5 running.

What is my best way of getting my old Nexcloud system back up running again? Can this easy Nextcloud install somehow be used with the old data folders or do I need to install Mariadb as I did with OMV4?

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you have any command line abilities ...

this guide is good. Make a backup of your SD card and jump in with both feet.

• Well, I can follow instructions so I can at least try that guide. I guess I will just edit the commands to point to my existing Nextcloud and Nextclouddb folders and not create new ones?

• Which parameters did you specify when you started the container?

I used the below script for the installation. It used to work fine a week ago, until i had to reinstall the OMV

version: '3'

services:

proxy:

image: jwilder/nginx-proxy:alpine

labels:

- "com.github.jrcs.letsencrypt_nginx_proxy_companion.nginx_proxy=true"

container_name: nextcloud-proxy

networks:

- nextcloud_network

ports:

- 80:80

- 443:443

volumes:

- ./proxy/conf.d:/etc/nginx/conf.d:rw

- ./proxy/vhost.d:/etc/nginx/vhost.d:rw

- ./proxy/html:/usr/share/nginx/html:rw

- ./proxy/certs:/etc/nginx/certs:ro

- /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro

- /var/run/docker.sock:/tmp/docker.sock:ro

restart: unless-stopped

letsencrypt:

image: jrcs/letsencrypt-nginx-proxy-companion

container_name: nextcloud-letsencrypt

depends_on:

- proxy

networks:

- nextcloud_network

volumes:

- ./proxy/certs:/etc/nginx/certs:rw

- ./proxy/vhost.d:/etc/nginx/vhost.d:rw

- ./proxy/html:/usr/share/nginx/html:rw

- /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock:ro

db:

image: mariadb

container_name: nextcloud-mariadb

networks:

- nextcloud_network

volumes:

- db:/var/lib/mysql

environment:

- MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=B9OzOHr5w9DMNh2jPbJJ

- MYSQL_PASSWORD=p6lAlEupyDj2CEOubqgb

- MYSQL_DATABASE=nextcloud

- MYSQL_USER=nextcloud

app:

image: nextcloud:latest

container_name: nextcloud-app

networks:

- nextcloud_network

depends_on:

- letsencrypt

- proxy

- db

volumes:

- nextcloud:/var/www/html

- ./app/config:/var/www/html/config

- ./app/custom_apps:/var/www/html/custom_apps

- ./app/data:/var/www/html/data

- ./app/themes:/var/www/html/themes

environment:

- VIRTUAL_HOST=fragoulisnaval.duckdns.org

- LETSENCRYPT_HOST=fragoulisnaval.duckdns.org

- LETSENCRYPT_EMAIL=fragoulis2010@gmail.com

volumes:

nextcloud:

db:

networks:

nextcloud_network:

• There is a good chance that will work

Well, I couldn't get it to work but that says more of my problem solving abilities than of anything else. I will go back to my backup and try again. Maybe i just should try a new installation as the only thing I really need from Nextcloud is the previews geneated for my photos, that took several weeks to complete.

I have used dedyn.io as my ddns for a long time but now wonder if that is the best choice or if I should use another service if that is easier to install with Nextcloud. Anyone use dedyn.io for Nexcloud or any other services on your OMV server?

• I have used dedyn.io as my ddns for a long time but now wonder if that is the best choice or if I should use another service if that is easier to install with Nextcloud. Anyone use dedyn.io for Nexcloud or any other services on your OMV server?

Where your dynamic IP address is coming from is not so important. I don’t think it would be a problem to keep it. How does the service get updates of your ip?

• Well mine was working also perfect now got this and I cannot open the log

Code
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
    More details can be found in the server log.
  • Where your dynamic IP address is coming from is not so important. I don’t think it would be a problem to keep it. How does the service get updates of your ip?

I have a script in my Ubiquiti router updating dedyn.io on my current IP every now and then.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!