Easy Nextcloud Installation discussion

• Sorry what do you mean by that?

The path is /srv/9379aef8-4c1e-43c1-ab84-31fd2aa5b875/JulyPaddy

Im not using MergerFS so I'm on thin ice here. Depending on your MergerFS rules the data might be a specific drive, which you could mount directly instead of the MergerFS pool.

• After some testing it seems that rights are not inherited to other groups in nextcloudpi docker. So I cannot access a directory that has group "users" even if www-data is member of this group.

As soon as i change the group to "www-data" it is accessible.

That is not really nice as i cannot just change the permissions because of the effect on other applications.

• Is there a possibility that I can install nextcloud withoud duckdns and letsencrypt. I have my own wildcard certificate and I want to use that.

Were should I place that certificate?

And I'm a very very beginner..:):)

• TechnoDadLife sorry to quote you directly.... I got a real problem. So I hope you can help.

I successfully ran your guided nextcloudpi installation.

I pushed ALL my files from Dropbox and googledrive to nextcloud pi.

Then, I deleted ALL my Dropbox files. I deleted ALL my googledrive files.

I enjoyed using nextcloud for 7 weeks.

My server needed to be restarted, so I did.

I wondered why my nextcloud didn't came back.

I sudoed: "docker ps" - nothing was running.

I typed:

Code
    docker run --restart unless-stopped ownyourbits/nextcloudpi-x86

And now I'm WASTED!

It did following:

Code
    Setting up a clean Nextcloud instance... wait until message 'NC init done'
    Setting up database...
    Setting up Nextcloud...
    Nextcloud was successfully installed

for real???

How am I supposed to know this? why is it doing this??? Are all my files gone??! Please please help me...

Update

I must admit, I wrote this post in a moment of panic.

I let 2 hours pass by to think.

Then I checked my docker container:

Code
    sudo docker container ls -aq
    c10910fff461
    cddcd2a1d07f

Whoah, there they are.

:rolleyes: SO SORRY FOR BEING DUMB! :rolleyes:

I did:

Code
    sudo docker container restart cddcd2a1d07f

And my nextcloud was online again.

What did I learn?

Self-Solving the problem give you the best lessons.

and

problem exists between chair and computer.

pebcac

• Hi

I'm new and still working myself into the Linux and OMV.

I installed OMV5 and it works so far stable. I build a Raid1 on BTRFS (sdc) and an additional storage on BTRFS (sdd) for non important data. So far so good.

I followed the following instruction which worked for me in the past and worked in all aspects to me:

Due some internal maintenance I set up OMV5 (change of sdd to a bigger volume) completely new (don't ask why I did so...) Anyway when it comes to include my smb folders into Nextcloupi (V. 20.0.2) It is not accepted, means I can't mount it.

Do you have any solution for me?

• hi,

There is an app into nexcloud to connect a samba/cifs sharing.

Did you install on RPI?

First of all thanks to you quick reply.

And it seems to me that I'm an idiot or getting old or both...

I checked again every step of how to mount the smb shares. And it turned out that I always referenced to the absolute path instead of the shared folder. Anyway it is working now. Sorry if I bothered you all.

• Hello.

I am a beginner at omv. I had an old pc and decided to use it as a nas and start learning.

I tried to install nextcloud. I followed the steps from TechnoDad's video "Easy Nextcloud Install in 6 Minutes with Stacks!"

I used ports 82:80, 450:443

When i enter the link it shows me my router page, an when i enter the ip it shows the "welcome to our server" page.

Any suggestion of how i could enter nextcloud page?

• If I may politely suggest considering the following option: setting up a KVM-machine and install subsequently an Ubuntu server, and after that following this instructions:

https://www.linuxbabe.com/ubun…tu-20-04-nginx-lemp-stack

Carsten Rieger even provided an installation script, besides his detailed descriptions (which I did not test, I was successful with the explanation of linuxbabe):

https://www.c-rieger.de/nextcl…ion-mit-nur-einem-skript/

https://www.c-rieger.de/nextcloud-installationsanleitung/

It worked for me pretty smooth, keeps me independent of maintainers of containers and snaps, performs quite good, and is easy to backup, and I reduce the risk of messing up my base system which is OMV, hosting all the things I virtualized.

It worked for me pretty smooth, keeps me independent of maintainers of containers and snaps, performs quite good, and is easy to backup, and I reduce the risk of messing up my base system which is OMV, hosting all the things I virtualized.

Good arguments.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!