unionfilesystems plugin

• But UnionFS already created a data drive, and I created all folders in there.

So there is no need for me to use this mergerFS folder, right ?

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• If your use case doesn't need it, then don't use it.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hallo,

ich bekomme nach der Installation des openmediavault-unionfilesystems 5.1 plugins beim neu laden der Seite die Fehlermeldung

RPC service 'UnionFilesystems' not found.

Fehler #0:
    OMV\HttpErrorException: RPC service 'UnionFilesystems' not found. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:100
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UnionFilesystem...', 'getList', Array, Array, 1)
    #1 {main}

Was kann ich tun?

Supermicro X11SAE-F - Intel Pentium G4500T - 24GB ECC - openmediavault-snapraid 5.0.5 Parity 2x8TB, Data 4x6TB

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you give me an example of a use case that MergerFS folder would be better suited than UnionFS?

They both do the same thing. Some people just don't want to pool the entire filesystem.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Can you give me an example of a use case that MergerFS folder would be better suited than UnionFS? I'm having a hard time coming up with one myself.

Sure, my use case. But I don't use either of the plugins to do it.

I have an ever growing number of data drives, labeled d0, d1,d2..........d# up to d7 currently. They each have a multimedia-content-d# directory in the root. And each of those directories has subdirectories of movies, music, and tv-series.

I have mergerfs configured in fstab like this:

Code
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d*/multimedia-content-d*/movies /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d1/sftp/outgoing/movies fuse.mergerfs noforget,nonempty,defaults,allow_other,use_ino,func.getattr=newest,category.create=lfs,moveonenospc=true,minfreespace=110G,hard_remove,fsname=mergerfs-movies 0 0

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-d*/multimedia-content-d*/music /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d1/sftp/outgoing/music fuse.mergerfs noforget,nonempty,defaults,allow_other,use_ino,func.getattr=newest,category.create=lfs,moveonenospc=true,minfreespace=110G,hard_remove,fsname=mergerfs-music 0 0

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-d*/multimedia-content-d*/tv-series /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d1/sftp/outgoing/tv-series fuse.mergerfs noforget,nonempty,defaults,allow_other,use_ino,func.getattr=newest,category.create=lfs,moveonenospc=true,minfreespace=110G,hard_remove,fsname=mergerfs-tv-series 0 0

I set the above only once in fstab and have never needed to change it in any way. This is because of the wildcard globbing * usage.

As I add more new disks that I want in the above pools I just give them the next higher d# label, and create the multimedia-content-d# directory in the root and within it the movies, music, and tv-series subdirectories.

Since this is mergerfs applied to directories and not entire disks none of the other unrelated things that may be on those disks winds up in the pools.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I set the above only once in fstab and have never needed to change it in any way. This is because of the wildcard globbing * usage.

You can do the same thing in the mergerfsfolder plugin too (yes, it is was your suggestion :) )

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!