After dist-upgrade 2>3 no GUI

• Hello everybody,
    after performing a dist upgrade from OMV2 to OMV 3.0.99 via putty, I can no longer access my HP Gen8 server via browser via IP. Message "502 Bad Gateway" I no longer have a GUI.
    Access works via Putty, Filezilla and NFS. Can someone give me a tip on how I can get GUI back?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You upgraded from one release (2.0) that has been end of life for over 3yrs... to another release that has been end of life for over 2yrs. What could go wrong?

There's probably a way around this mess, but I would urge you to disconnect your data drives and consider a clean install of either OMV 4 or OMV 5, and then learn to keep your systems properly updated and current

• I know, it was my fault to do nothing all the time, but it worked fine in my local network.
    Now I have the idear to integrate my owncloud or something similar and therefore the probs
    Is anywhere a tutorial to do this without losing my data?

• Franjo, if this was my server, i would upgrade it up to OMV5/Debian 10 , and then figure out owncloud/nextcloud docker either via cli or via portainer.
    I'm not sure if this would work for you,but you could try?

• Message "502 Bad Gateway" I no longer have a GUI.

Try running the following commands in a root shell:

omv-mkconf nginx

omv-mkconf php-fpm or omv-mkconf php5fpm

Reboot.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• At the moment this is irrelevant with nextcloud.
    For me it is now important to get my server up and running again with the latest OMV, without data loss.
    If that works again I will think about nextcloud again. But thanks for your tip

• Offizieller Beitrag

I know, it was my fault to do nothing all the time, but it worked fine in my local network.
    Now I have the idear to integrate my owncloud or something similar and therefore the probs
    Is anywhere a tutorial to do this without losing my data?

Yeah that's the unfortunate part about not updating... it works great.. until it doesn't. Then you're in this situation. This will probably be a good lesson on keeping things updated.

Your data should be fine, it's your OS that is the problem (unless you did something really crazy w/ that 2.0 install). As for the OS, at this point you're probably just going to have to start over. It's likely some of the plugins you used on 2.0, are probably not supported anymore (Plex)... so you're going to need to learn to use Docker.

Like I said, there is likely a way to get around this, but your best bet is to disconnect your data drives (so your data is safe), and reinstall OMV 4 or 5, and start w/ a clean install of OMV.

• How are your data stored? Any kind of RAID or just some disks? Anything special like mergerfs, zfs....?

I think I have a RAID but which typ I choose I dont known, it's a long time ago
    there is a terminal command with which you can find out

• Error: the script 'usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/php-fpm' does not exist

There is an or in that line. Try the second command instead.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Yeah that's the unfortunate part about not updating... it works great.. until it doesn't. Then you're in this situation. This will probably be a good lesson on keeping things updated.

Your data should be fine, it's your OS that is the problem (unless you did something really crazy w/ that 2.0 install). As for the OS, at this point you're probably just going to have to start over. It's likely some of the plugins you used on 2.0, are probably not supported anymore (Plex)... so you're going to need to learn to use Docker.

Like I said, there is likely a way to get around this, but your best bet is to disconnect your data drives (so your data is safe), and reinstall OMV 4 or 5, and start w/ a clean install of OMV.

I've uninstall all plugins bevor upgrade omv extra a.s.o

• It was worth a try. I think it's too late to try to upgrade to OMV v3 as it's EOL and its repos are all offline.

--

• @gderf

can you give me an approach like i'm going to put it back on? If I remember correctly, did I create the boot stick on my PC or does it work from the console without having to remove it?
    is there any way to tell what type of raid i have?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm not that familiar with the Gen 8's, but Google suggests they are 64bit CPU's.

Assuming this is accurate...

Download the ISO for OMV 4, or go ahead and download OMV 5 which should be released any time now.

Use Etcher to put the ISO on a flash drive. https://www.balena.io/etcher/

Use Flash drive to install to whatever OS drive you want to use. Just make sure when you reinstall, the only drives hooked up are your OS drive, and the Install drive. Do that, and your actual data will be safe.

When you're done installing/updating... shut down, connect your data drives.

Boot up, mount your file system and start adding your shares back, etc.

• it works again, thanks to all
    Now OMV 4 is running

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!